When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

16550 Explorer II - cream dial - short review

grifter

As I continue to collect parts for an Explorer II project, I had Sead source me a cream dialed rep. I was hoping that the dial would be good enough to use, but for me to continue with this one would take some work.

The "swiss made" is the first that would have to be changed to "swiss t<25." Then the lume surrounds would have to be changed to silver. But I love the color, so I've got to really think about if I will use a gen t<25 dial I have or have a pro mod this one.

The interesting discovery was that the case is gen construction. I was expecting a wok fest and was going to use only the dial. But I may go the other way and use the case but not the dial. :p

Also, this case has an engraved rehaut and it lines up perfectly at 9, 12, and 3. Too bad it will be sanded off in a bit.

Anyways, just thought I'd share this little discovery of an old case that has correctly lined up rehaut engraving and gen construction. Sead has told me he can get this with any color dial (black or white).

Pretty cool. Check it out.

e95af57d.jpg

456ae6d6.jpg

75008f02.jpg

08dba881.jpg

a360dead.jpg

4f2e015c.jpg