When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM090 Help......?

Greddyl30pjg

Basically i want to create a nice Pam090 using 2 reps..

I bought this homage watch a while ago (which ive since sold) & it set me off on reps:

http://www.manbushijie.com/productshow-247-3.html

I loved it so decided i wanted to get a better version. So i purchased this from Reg:

2012-01-20_131921.jpg

2012-01-20_131831.jpg

2012-01-20_131819.jpg

Now...here's my problem. I love the one purchased from Reg too.......... bar the fact that the crystal is domed & not flat as my previous one form Manbushijie. The other problem is the face is not recessed far enough, this really looks different from gen/ my old homage watch. The bezel profile seems very different, it doesnt seem to project as far as it should, to be honest i just dont like the look of the watch in person.

I mean no disrespect to Reg, this watch was a great price, he provided a great service & pictures were sent before i paid, but i didnt pick up on the above issues.

Now my point- can i swap all the internals (face/ movement) from the one from Reg into the case of the one from manbushijie???

I.e -

use the case & crystal from the one from manbushijie.

use the strap, deployment, face & decorated movement (and display caseback) from the one from reg

I know that its still not true to gen with the date pusher & i know that the display caseback is not true to gen but i love the look of the decorated movement on regs version.

So....can this be done or is there an alternative???? Please Help!! I really want a PAM090 in my collection as its the watch that got me hooked.

It will be hard to tell just by your descriptions. But if they have the same movements it should be possible. Try and see its not too difficult todo and can be fun. Try it and see you will probably need to use the crown on the case model so check the stem works in the other movement. Josh/andrew have recent bought out new 90 PR's with better DW crystal but non working PR. They are more $$ but look very good