When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daytona With Vj 72 Or Daytona With Venus 175

ajoesmith

OK I was thinking of starting a little project, an expensive little one at that, the vintage daytona 6263/6265 etc with Valjoux 72 movement, correct case with assymetric pushers etc....

BUT

Is it really worth it??

The Venus 175 copy Daytona is a great watch with a great movement

OK here are the differences ive noticed about the venus 175 Daytona

1 - Doesnt have assymetric pushers

2 - 12 hour counter of chrono doesnt function as 12 hour stopwatch, however can be frozen easily for asthetic purposes

3 - ?????

If these are he only differences then ill be going for the Venus 175 copy NOT the VJ 72

If anyone has any other thoughts or knows any more differences then please tell me.

Also sorry if this has been covered before

Thanks

Joe

I think, in general, the Seagull based Daytona's have 40mm cases, with 20mm lug spacing. When combined with the symmetrical pushers, and the incorrect subdial spacing, there are just too many flaws for many here.

Unfortunately, there is no alternative to the VJ72 (if there was, I'd be all over it). One slightly lower cost alternative is the VJ23. If you don't mind a bi-compax movement, you can use a VJ23 with a DW case (made for his mystery movement), and you'll have a near perfect replica.

I stopped looking for anything rational about this hobby a long time ago. :p Its an obsession, what can I say?

the 6263 was my boyhood deam watch - dating back to seeing the gen in Houston's Galleria some 30 years ago. Very hard for me to pass up the opportunity to build a near perfect 6263 - even if I spend more than I did on my gen Speedy Moon Pro. :Jumpy: