When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Eta Wheels On Asian 7750?

sammalone

hi sam,

yes, you can swap the black asia datewheel with the white gen datewheel.

rolli

Are you sure? I've heard from reliable sources that this is a no-go. If it is possible then here's another question--is the 7750 datewheel identical (in function, not print layout) to the 7753?

Yes ETA wheels will fit the asian 7750. They can be bought from O.Frei in the US or Cousins in the UK. The part number is "Valjoux 7750 - 2557/1 - Date Ring" and they cost only a few bucks. Always quote the movt as all date rings have the same part number irrespective of the movt. In fact the whole industry had a common numbering system for all their parts so all watch movts from Angelus, Cortebert and ETA etc all have the same part numbers.

Yes ETA wheels will fit the asian 7750. They can be bought from O.Frei in the US or Cousins in the UK. The part number is "Valjoux 7750 - 2557/1 - Date Ring" and they cost only a few bucks. Always quote the movt as all date rings have the same part number irrespective of the movt. In fact the whole industry had a common numbering system for all their parts so all watch movts from Angelus, Cortebert and ETA etc all have the same part numbers.

FP do you know what the difference is between the four ETA datewheel 2557/1 variants listed at Cousins? Only one pic comes up. :huh:

The 7750 wheel is not the same as the 7753 (which is a bigger diameter) and they are not interchangeable.

The 4 wheels shown on Cousins website are for quartz movts - the mechanical movt parts are not listed on the website. You need to submit an enquiry or better still telephone them to order and quote the name/number I listed above.

Thanks for your help! Are the datewheels for the Asian 7750 (3, 6, 9, subdial formation) compatible with the regular (6, 9, 12, formation) Swiss ETA 7750 date wheels? Thank you! ;)

I would think so as this subdial arrangment variation does not affect datewheel appearance.

What I mean is that the datewheel has numerals arranged parallel to the datewheel edges so fine for window at 3 o clock (6,9,12) and typically 4.30 (3,6,9).

Depends though as some 3,6,9 chronos (e.g. Tag Monza c.36, or in rep world the new Speedy Shumachers) have date window at 6 o clock - different datewheel where the numerals are arranged perpendicular to the datewheel edges.

Hope that makes sense.

I have had an order for ETA 7750 black day & date wheels with Cousins for 3 - 4 weeks now (for my SS & Ti GSTs) so I know that the black wheels are not currently in stock. This should cure the misaligned day on the GST.

Most movements are shipped with white wheels so these should be more readily available where they have been swopped later, although I bought 2 new movements on ebay without any wheels.