When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP RBII Mods?

greekgod

Hello everyone..some may know I got a new RB II Rose gold and I am very happy with it. Problem now is that its hard to find who could carry out mods on this to revile the screws and the movement. Also not sure what are the OCS mods are too ..to make it gen like?

Any input will be appreciated..

PS: I head Domi does the mods but not sure.. Also will Uwe carry it out?

Congrats on the RB2. I have a titanium and RG RB both with gen straps.

Im tired of waiting for a newer factory version with decorated dial plate. Im seeking to get the plate mod done for both watches. I know it wont be cheap but its worth it. Any input or suggestions are appreciated..

Well we are in the same boat bro .. lets see if any help is on the way!! BTW how different is the gen strap to the rep? and how much was it for if you dont mind me asking?

Yiasou, Greek.

The gen [censored] strap is better made and better Alcantara liner ($240), the rep strap is good for rep because at least its leather.

The gen RG strap is of course croc and makes the watch ($570). I have two gen Rb2 croc straps actually.

Also, the rep RB and Montoya strap links accept gen straps perfectly, where as my other secs @12 links seem too thin and wont fit gen straps..

Edited by m5smg2

Yiasou, Greek.

The gen [censored] strap is better made and better Alcantara liner ($240), the rep strap is good for rep because at least its leather.

The gen RG strap is of course croc and makes the watch ($570). I have two gen Rb2 croc straps actually.

Also, the rep RB and Montoya strap links accept gen straps perfectly, where as my other secs @12 links seem too thin and wont fit gen straps..

Thanks mate...do you know where I could get a gen strap?? Also did u say it was only $240?? or was it for just the lining ?? Also do you think it is absolutely necessary to change the strap as was the case with the safari ( I have a HKTAN for it ) ?? If you have any pics plz do post the link that would be great .. thx m5smg2

$240 was the gen strap for titanium RB2. But I think the rep RB2 strap is pretty good because it's real leather with nice thickness and grey stitching. It's pretty close.

It's the gold version that needs the expensive gen croc strap to look good IMO. As I mentioned, the RB2 and Montoya accept the gen straps perfectly on the links. The ultimate (secs @ 12) links don't fit gen straps. Sorry for the quick phone pics..

post-7932-0-64761600-1328295772.png

post-7932-0-40080200-1328295992.png

$240 was the gen strap for titanium RB2. But I think the rep RB2 strap is pretty good because it's real leather with nice thickness and grey stitching. It's pretty close. It's the gold version that needs the expensive gen croc strap to look good IMO. As I mentioned, the RB2 and Montoya accept the gen straps perfectly on the links. The ultimate (secs @ 12) links don't fit gen straps. Sorry for the quick phone pics..

HI mate thanks very much for the pics .. I really appreciate it.. so 240 is a rather cheap price for a gen strap .. can you tell me where you bought it from??

I agree with you .. I have a Rose gold one but the rep strap it not too bad .. however if I can get a gen for that price that would be awesome!!

HI mate thanks very much for the pics .. I really appreciate it.. so 240 is a rather cheap price for a gen strap .. can you tell me where you bought it from??

I agree with you .. I have a Rose gold one but the rep strap it not too bad .. however if I can get a gen for that price that would be awesome!!

The croc strap for gold RB2 was $570. I got it from a local AP dealer. I don't think they're as strict on selling the limited straps as they once were, asking for serial number etc..