When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ordered a DSN tobacco 232 .... what strap?

davea

A lot depends on your budget. "Vintager" (Micah straps) seem pretty popular with the owners of the gen and he uses ammo pouches from WW2. They're not cheap, around two bills, but they look pretty darned cool, especially with a flat sewn-in buckle. It gives the whole watch a real rough-and-tumble look appropriate to its military bearing.

If you're willing to spend that kind of money on a strap, perhaps you might also consider making a couple of improvements to the watch itself. For example, while the hands and dial are excellent replications, DSN's Radiomir case is pretty far from gen. The 232 available through the normal trusted dealers has a much better case, but worse dial and handset. Combine the two to make a super rep.

• 4 weeks later...

Either a gen or one of the few reproduction Panerai Assolutamente straps would be brilliant, I think. Deep honey crocodile with a polished finish also looks like a million dollars on this style watch as well in my opinion.

post-22602-0-51764400-1327874668.jpg

I agree. The Rad with the right strap, after investing a few dollars makes for one of the most elegant watches around.

Can anyone ID that strap in the photo I posted? I can't seem to learn its source. Thanks.

Btw when I posted about putting a assolutamente on a radiomir, I must have been drinking. That strap is way too narrow to be on a Rad.

Can anyone ID that strap in the photo I posted? I can't seem to learn its source. Thanks.

Btw when I posted about putting a assolutamente on a radiomir, I must have been drinking. That strap is way too narrow to be on a Rad.

A gen 26/26mm example here...

post-41200-0-17038600-1329915346.jpg

I have acquired a number of straps from Hamiltonleatherstraps.com for my pannies. They are beautifully made, lots of exotics to choose from if that appeals to you, reasonably priced for the quality, and Eric, a member here, is a gentleman to deal with. Have a look and tell us what you think.