When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Newbie Rep questions

prospex44

Hi

As a self confessed rep newbie, I wanted to ask everyone which Reps are the ones to go for.

I really want to try a Sinn U1 rep, but would like to ask if anyone has tried one.

Also, I have never seen any rep Seiko Tunas, do these exist?

Sorry for the potentialy stupid questions, but like I said, I am new to the Rep scene!

Cheers

Sent from my HTC Vision

Yep the sinns are almost superreps, the AR is amazing on them, better than most gens, can't go wrong. I'm sure there was a few reviews on the U1, if you do a search you might find them. There are reps of seikos, but it seems they may be very low end and lack the true dive function that only a gen seiko tuna could give.... the gens are quite reasonably priced, unless we are talking about Grand Seikos.

The trusted dealer named "WatchEden" carries lower end replicas in great quantities. If a replica Seiko exists for the model you need, it would be a great place to look.

I just took a moment and went to look at the Seiko Tuna. It appears to be a Japanese homage to the Rolex Sea Dweller DeepSea ... look at this. There are two outstanding DeepSea replicas.

rolex-sea-dweller-deep-sea-L-1.jpeg

Jkay, great option of the DSSD, they are cracking pieces! Always loved the blue lume!

I'm 35, so i guess i'm not too young!! I always liked the Sinn U series as it is a little different from most other divers out there. I think it is the lego hands that really make it stand out for me!

I have owned a few Gen Seiko Tunas and the only appeal for me is the cool case design with the shroud. Prices hae really shot up recently for them though, and i would probaby rather try something different, like the Sinn!

I'm going to check out WatchEden though....you never know! ;)

Thanks guys!