When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBW Case set

ww12345

I seem to remember that MBW 5513 case sets were usually from 1680s and then used as a 5513/5512 case set, is that correct? I am trying to build a franken 5513, and the gen dial I am using is falling through the rehaut of the case I have now. What MBW case set should I be looking for to build a decent 5513?

Thanks in advance!

i know older MBW Sets marked 1680, a little younger ones marked 5513 - the newest are 5513 L-series ? (i think these where the first "official MBW 5513s)

which one is yours ?

cheers,

Frank

I actually don't have an MBW case yet. I am in the process of getting one, and I couldn't remember if you needed to get a 1680 case vs. a 5513 case in order to use a gen dial. I think 5513 dials are smaller than 1680 dials, and I am he11-bent on using this gen dial! :)

The case set I have right now is the DW case I bought a few months ago. It works fine with a non-gen dial, but the gen dial is just too small!

I believe it was the other way around.

The MBW1680s were just 5513s with 1680 markings stamped on them, so the rehaut was actually a bit to small to be used with a gen 1680 dial.

You could make it fit with some sanding of either the dial or the case.

The current MBW 5513 cases will accept a gen 5513 dial without problems. There have been some nice MBW frankens posted recently.