When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HELP NEEDED LOCATING A CASE FOR A 16710 GMT II BUILD

correctime

Heys guys:

I could use some advise and opinions on building a 16710...or 16750 but I sorta wanted to go with lug holes and a gen Jubi.

Finding a discontinued Noob Factory GMT II seems next to impossible.

I've owned the BK Transformer but the tension wire affixed, non-clicking bi-directional bezel didn't do it for me.

I'm waiting for the crystal ring dimensions of the newest Exp.II offered by "Cartel"...perhaps it can be converted like the Noob cased Exp.II can be.

(and I've dropped a gen crystal, bezel, crown and tube into my BK Noob Exp.II...so I'm not wanting to do an irreversible conversion on it.

Does anyone know of a good case (prefer lug holes) to base a build on ?

I'd like to use a gen Swiss T 25 16710 dial in it.

Any shared knowledge, advise, opinions and direction on this is greatly appreciated.

16710 has sapphire crystal

16750 has acrylic crystal

Maybe you were thinking 16700? this one also has sapphire crystal but is a GMT-Master not a GMT-Master II.

How the heck I manage to remember these numbers even I don't know... I can't even remember my cell number sometimes.. :D

hope this is helping in some way CT.

16710 has sapphire crystal

16750 has acrylic crystal

Maybe you were thinking 16700? this one also has sapphire crystal but is a GMT-Master not a GMT-Master II.

How the heck I manage to remember these numbers even I don't know... I can't even remember my cell number sometimes.. :D

hope this is helping in some way CT.

Know the feeling ;)

How ... or why?

"Oh, that's a nice 16622 you have there!"

"I beg your pardon, sir?"

Amen. I feel like Rainman sometimes. I know you want the 16710, but I would go for a 16750 since it uses the acrylic crystal (to my knowledge there is no GMT rep case that will accept gen saphire) and you'll have your lug holes. Not to mention, I think all vintage GMTs are better than modern versions (with the exception of the 16760 Fat Lady, which at this point is vintage anyhow).

Thanks guys.

It's the 16710 I'm shooting for.

While the vintage pieces are awesome and I love to look at them, the acrylic domed, tophat type (very thick looking) crystal doesn't fit my personal taste.

I could almost be certain I've seen a gen 16710 (possibly in transitional era) with Swiss T 25 dial with chapter ringed markers, sapphire crystal and lug holes, but maybe not.

And I believe you're right "J"..the only rep GMT II I'm aware of that'll take a gen crystal is the discontinued Noob. (The Noob Exp.II takes everyting gen but the mvt and case back.)

I've been waiting (and hoping) to hear if the latest Cartel version Exp.II has the crystal ring size capable of doing the GMT II conversion. Nope, it's not.

But that case would need work anyway...it's a bit wider than the bezel...especially at the 2 and 4 o'clock position...the bezel should protrude out past the case..it doesn't.

(Not so say that with some case shaving/shaping it could be made to look awesome...too much is sometimes better than not enough.)