When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Your collection...

wiesn089

Lately I was wondering if I am the only one who has a plan for his collection in the years to come (subjected to slight changes along the way of course). Let's hear what you are planning :).

Here's mine. All except the 5513 are gens. I'll probably try a 15300 in rep form prior to the gen 15202 to see how much I actually like the Royal Oak design (no good 15202 reps out there, that I am aware of). Most likely I will have both the Zenith and the Milsub within the next year. I will also buy the gen Daytona racing dial pretty soon as I fear it will be even harder to get and thus more expensive in the coming years.

Imo it's fun to dream about future acquisitions and that it actually makes sense, because you probably get distracted less and don't buy tons of watches and lose ridiculous amounts of your hard earned "watch fund" along the way. Then again my girlfriend thinks I'm totally nuts, of course... ;):lol:

Collectionsizecorrect1202123sm.jpg

And she would be correct.........as would my wife and all the ladies in our lives that think watch collectors are either weird or nerdy or indeed both :inverted: only joking!

Yes I have a few purchases planned for the future but as always I just make up my mind to buy a certain model them I see something else..bugger gotta save more for the watch fund ;) I think I will try to stop buying on impulse and let the fund grow a little this year only buying either super rep/frankens or Gens, I think your right buying loads does you no good in the long run!

My list at the moment includes a 5513/5512 both great pieces, Steinhart Gmt or Ocean1 Vintage, IWC 3717 but as always subject to change on a daily basis!

I can't say I plan years in advance. I am driven by projects (I like to do frankens) and so will pick up a great part for a watch I was already interested in and then collect the remainder for as long as it takes. Some pieces take years. My gen purchases are few and far between now as I prefer the projects - not economically intelligent but a lot more fun. On the reps I get ever more selective and typically buy random reps that I want to take a flyer on. Ploprof is a classic example. I knew it very well might look silly on my wrist but I had to try it. Probably will do the same with that Hublot Diver which is ridiculously sized but looks so cool.