When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My AP RB II Rose Gold broke! Help

greekgod

Sorry let me rephrase.... no part actually broke from watch.. The crown has a set of 4 screws and they came came lose. I just dont know how tighten them .. coz that will envolve removing the [censored] part that is attached to the watch (for winding) and just placing the crown back on and fastening the screws from behind..

Ouch bro, that sucks. Eventhough I'm sure it'll be fixable, but I have no idea how to screw it in place again, but it does look like you have to open it up and remove the crownstem and screw it from the inside.

What would your TD say if you asked for a new crown with stem? Then you'd only have to open the watch, pop out it out and change it for the new.

Edited by Fleet

ATTENTION: this issue is VERY easy to fix. Do not sell the watch for a bargain because of this! All it takes is to remove the crown/stem (and for that you will want to open the caseback, obviously!). The four tiny screws are easily accessible once the crown is removed. If you don't want to fix it yourself, any watchsmith would do the job for a dollar.

ATTENTION: this issue is VERY easy to fix. Do not sell the watch for a bargain because of this! All it takes is to remove the crown/stem (and for that you will want to open the caseback, obviously!). The four tiny screws are easily accessible once the crown is removed. If you don't want to fix it yourself, any watchsmith would do the job for a dollar.

Will you marry me Astro?? ...YAY I am going to get it fixed ..but I hope the watchsmith has the right tools to open the different type of screws this watch has without damaging it...Please remember I am in Australia..lol sometimes here its hard to find even the simplest of things available to the modern world in the 21st century!! but thank you very much for the info mate

Ouch bro, that sucks. Eventhough I'm sure it'll be fixable, but I have no idea how to screw it in place again, but it does look like you have to open it up and remove the crownstem and screw it from the inside.

What would your TD say if you asked for a new crown with stem? Then you'd only have to open the watch, pop out it out and change it for the new.

Hey P .. you totally right bro.. thats how it needs to be done .. unfortunately I am not in Sydney but in Adelaide for some further flying training for the next 3 months... dont know any watch smith here who would work on reps..