When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I think I might actually be finished... 201/A is DONE

projectologist

Just had the lever left to do and getting the right snap when closed proved more challenging than anticipated. The spring in DSN's newborn crown is way too stiff, so it took more trial fits than I've ever needed before doing this mod. But it's all good now and I is very happy with the results.

Some quick phone pics for now, will save the formal pics for when I have the other Pre-V build done that I'm doing for another member. Same parts list, should be an interesting pair smile1.gif

Bigtime thanks to w0lf for the Pre-V project case he has offered to the community. And for all of the answers to my endless stream of questions like howTF am I supposed to make this fit and get the right finish or WTF is it suppose to look like???

Thanks to SERGEANT_AT_ARMS for the FGD hands and lume application.

Thanks to FGD for the awesome dial and Tamiya for the perfect clear coat smile1.gif

Matt/BigCrown C3 crystal, sits just right with a near perfect side profile. No AR and xtal clear.

Thanks to the maniac that produced a small batch of these killer CG's. Total PITA to finish and I loved every minute of it wink1.gif

Jakob case back, 'nuf said

Total parts list and all mods when I post detailed pics of both watches.

Here's the chain saw blade sharpener w0lf suggested for shaping curve shapes (highly recommended!!!). I had quite a bit of lever tip to remove before it would close.

pvcg07.jpg

Finally on the wrist. I like where w0lf set the crown tube, spacing is just right...

pvcg06.jpg

Love the polished rehaut...

pvcg05.jpg

I almost deleted this next pic from my phone as it wasn't as sharp as I like plus the lighting sucked. But when I saw how it had a similar look to the gen pics I have in my reference folder, I thought I'd include it here for comparison.

Why is it you never notice the dust until you see your pics???

Project...

pvc04.jpg

Gen...

pvc01.jpg

More gen pics I used for reference, focusing on the CG and lever pin...

pvcg01a-1.jpg

pvc03.jpg

pvc02.jpg

Thanks guys for all of the nice words :)

Here's a little more regarding parts...

• w0lf case with drilled out lugs and correct Pre-V details

• DSN newborn Pre-V crown and tube

• BigMatt C3 crystal

• Jakkob 201/A caseback

• FGD dial and hands

• Same ETA movement version (with eta-choc anti-shock system) used in the gen 318

ETAchoc01.jpg

FGD dial after coating with Tamiya TS-79... awesome recessed indices/numbers...

dial201d.jpg

dial201e.jpg

Before and after CG...

cg004.jpg

cgcbb.jpg

cgccc.jpg