When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

orange bezel almost looks like a crimson red in qc pics, because of background?

tyrantblade

ive always found the 45mm planet ocean reps to be too dark an orange compared to gen...like a red orange instead of a yellowish orange. not so on the new 42mm versions though, the orange on them is spot on...

well if they can make it the right shade on the 42mm, i dont see why they cant on the 45.5mm, especially by now with it being soooooo close to gen (if pearl was centered and it was superlumed it would be perfect). i also find that when tilted in the qc pics i have it looks more like the orange it should be than like a crimson red, so i guess shade depends on the angle and what the background is like. Edited by tyrantblade

well if they can make it the right shade on the 42mm, i dont see why they cant on the 45.5mm, especially by now with it being soooooo close to gen (if pearl was centered and it was superlumed it would be perfect). i also find that when tilted in the qc pics i have it looks more like the orange it should be than like a crimson red, so i guess shade depends on the angle and what the background is like.

very much so, i found in bright daylight it was pretty good, but indoors it really does look red and not orange...like you say if the 42mm is spot on, which it is, why cant they get the 45 colour right? also another big tell on the 45mm is the date window on the dial, it should have a recessed boarder-the 45mm rep doesnt have this (but it did on the older happy feet logo dials which is odd)-but again the 42mm does...its like a lot of emphasis has gone onto the 42mm 5th version to get it right but the 45 has been forgotten...

i've had both versions and despite the 42 being closer to gen out of the box-my heart is still fully with the 45! despite its obvious but ultimatley pointless flaws :)