When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Want to cheapest, fastest way to get an original PAM strap?

aurtus

This was strange....

Recently I posted a reply on a post asking about how best to get the original Assolutamente strap as fitted to the gen 390... Everyone said just rock up to an AD.

So...I asked my local AD in Australia and they said lead time was 8 weeks! and the price was $240 + shipping, so I went to the official panerai website and gathered every single email for each AD in the world, sent a BCC email off to them all - most replied and every response was different - some said they couldn't ship out of their country and some said similar things about lead times longer than 8 weeks...

What I found weird was the price range for the strap from the AD's - from 180 to 300+ USD (for the exact same strap)

I ended up having the strap shipped express through DHL the next day for $180 and it arrived in 5 days! (oh and they didn't even charge me for shipping)

Simple and effective... I wonder if I would get the same response for original parts*! (*wishful thinking)

You can ask me and I will get it for you in Geneva:) If seriously, PAM boutique here gets stocks first, and even most popular straps get re-stocked every 2 weeks or so as they are very close to the manufacturer. The asso straps in long size were impossible to get in continental Europe some 2 months ago, but in Geneva I ghot it after 12 days on the waiting list.

Shipping to Oz is about 15$ with tracking - checked and verified as my family is in MEL and I've sent a few straps for my brother as he was facing same issue you descrtibed with ADs in MEL.

Cheers!

Edited by korneevy