When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

NSFW Dr. Gran on his way to Madrid, Spain

gran

I am soon on my way to Madrid, Spain :)

I'll be in the city itself from Friday to Sunday.....any recommendations to what is hot there this time of year?

Museo Nacional Del Prado or Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía or ?

Hope to see something by Salvador Dali there

dali3.jpg

Better reina sofia if you like Dali. Near you have thyssen foundation it is a must to see if you like midern art. You can enjoy a god lunch at caixaforum a few minutes from thyssen. Enjoy madrid!!

Enviado desde mi GT-I9003 usando Tapatalk

Museo Tyssen-Bornemisza would also be my proposal...

Reina Sofia we didn't do last time we were in Madrid, can't remember if there have been rows waiting which shocked us or something else - was a Sunday...

And of course sit down at a cafe or restaurant at plaza major, relax and watch the people walking by!

Dee

Better reina sofia if you like Dali. Near you have thyssen foundation it is a must to see if you like midern art. You can enjoy a god lunch at caixaforum a few minutes from thyssen. Enjoy madrid!!

Thanks I do like modern art a lot...caixaforum sound slike a good idea

And of course sit down at a cafe or restaurant at plaza major, relax and watch the people walking by!

Dee

Now this I will certainly do :1a:

My Homage to Dali in my living room ;)

post-21269-0-57116600-1331051628.jpg

Thats the winner B)

Oh, Madrid, my love...

Riena Sofia is one of the best museums I've been to. A true architectural marvel. I've seen a Picasso exposition there a couple of years ago. Check out their library, if you love architecture you'll fall in love with this place. There is a cute little place just around the corner with pretty good paella. Great spot to have some snack and local beer after the museum.

Campo del Moro with the Almudena Cathedral is high on my list as well.

If you are visiting Prado, on the second floor go to the end of the corridor, than left till the end of that corridor. There on your left will be a side room. This is where they keep the really crazy sh!t Goya painted. Not the dull portraits they like to show, real psycho stuff, the Spaniards ashamed of, but are required to show.

Retiro Park is nice but I wouldn't waste my time there.

How much time do you have there?

2 days in Madrid... a dream.

If you are going to see some art take one day for Riena and another one for Prado. Riena is smaller so on that day you will probably be able to see something else. Prado is a full day experience, though.

I'd leave my evenings free, since Madrid has a pretty interesting evening life, but note that most of the places close relatively early. I'm don't know how's the night life in Norway, but I come from a place with great night life, where people start to arrive to pubs / clubs only at 10-11 PM and the street life is 24/7, so I was stunned by how early places close in Madrid.

What I like most about Madrid is how majestic it is. When you are there you KNOW it's a Capital, like no other capital city I've been to.

Oh, damn, what a city... I miss it.