When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The new Muller Totally Crazy rep

Thor

I've gotten a few PM's about the Totally Crazy rep Andrew is currently offering, so I'd thought I'd post my thoughts on it here.

The Dial looks pretty good, about the same high quality as most muller reps. The only picture I can find on the Web is of the ultra-bling version, but I have before me Muller's 2006 book which shows a picture of a white dial, black numbered version w/o bling. It's not a stretch to believe that the OEM is abvailable in the Crazy Color Dreams version like the rep.

Sadly, this watch suffers from all of the usual muller rep flaws: the hands, the crown, and the back.

--The crown on the rep would actually be very, very close....on a Conquisrtador. Maybe they want people to buy this rep so the can use the crown to improve a ladies' conquistador or something...

--The hands alone are a deal breaker for me. If Sherwin Williams ever makes a paint that color they ought to call it "Muller Rep Blue" because outside of my kids' finger paint box, I've never seen that color anywhere else, especially not on OEM Muller hands. The Date hand is also thicker than the OEM date hand.

--Andrew provides no picture of the back, which of course, is probably an indication of its accuracy, IMO. My guess: since it uses the same size case as the Vegas, it may say "Vegas" on the back. If I'm wrong, and the back is perfect, my apologies to the factory.

The movement: This watch is undoutedly powered by a first generation asian auto with not one, but two, modifications--the jumping hour function and the jumping date function You can make the call on that one. I probably wouldn't do it even though I have a first generation crazy hours that is still working flawlessly after almost two years of fairly regular wear.

As always, only people who know what Franck Muller watches are will notice these (or any) flaws. But even if someone who knows the brand doesn't notice the flaws, they will know the watch probably retails for over 20k which adds the concern about the believability of sporting a watch that cost more than most people's cars.

Bottom line: I'd love a rep of the Totally Crazy, if just as a novelty piece, but it looks like I'll wait to see if a version 2 appears.

Very good review Archibald, thank you for taking the time to put your thought's down. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Ken