When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Screwed Screws

jamesg

Evening all... looking for some guidance please.

I am incredibly impatient and have now discovered very inept at anything requiring a delicate touch.

2 days ago I received a lovely brand new VC Overseas which I then set upon with my precision screwdrivers to remove some links and size the bracelet.

Now these screws were pretty tough but I managed to remove 2 on one half of the bracelet. However on the other side of the bracelet the screws on every removable link seemed to be set rock solid and were even breaking my screwdriver....

So the inevitable has now happened and all the screw heads on one side of the bracelet are now ruined and I fear that I'll never be able to wear the watch as I cannot shorten the bracelet!

Think I'm going to take the watch to a jewellers on the weekend and see what they can do.

However, in the meantime do any members have any advice for me? (apart from throw away your tools and leave it to the experts!)

Cheers, James

I started out the same way with my Overseas. Fortunately I was able to resize the watch before I caused serious damage to too many key screws. But even after resizing several screws kept coming loose, until they met up with some loctite.

The screws on the VC Overseas are definitely the weakest link (pun intended) on anotherwise fine watch.