When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need some chrono help here!

irolexu

So I have a 6263 spin master Daytona (currently in the FS/FT area) and I went to show a buddy of mine how it works since he was so convinced that my watch was not running. Any way I allowed it to run for 5 minutes as I got side tracked with work. I stopped the chrono first screwed down the crown and then reset it. It reset 5 minutes past midnight instead of midnight on the dot :( I don't want to mess with it anymore so I let it be. Can anyone tell me what's the best solution here? (no I won't give it to you for free!! I know some will ask lol) let me know!! Also never owned a manual wind watch how often and how many turns to wind it up full??

The number of winds required depends on the type of movement & condition of its mainspring. Generally, you wind it, gently, until it stops (do not force it).

In most cases, when the chrono hands do not reset at their correct null positions, it is because the joint that fixes the hand wand to its post is loose (a common problem with rep hands). You have 3 options - replace the hands (& keep your fingers crossed that the next set will be better - 50/50 chance), have a watchmaker tighten the joint or epoxy it (there are many threads detailing the process that you can search out)

handtuberepair.jpg

(Original pic courtesy of Avitt)