When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Yuki 7206 Bracelet Differences?

ww12345

OK, here are the pictures of my "stretch" 7206 rivet bracelet, and then some disassembled pics. It takes a while to do (maybe an hour) but when you get all through, you have a bracelet that behaves in the exact same way as when it arrived. First off, the pics of the completed bracelet (bracelet resized to 4 links on 6 o'clock side):

IMG_20120422_100429.jpg

IMG_20120422_100444.jpg

IMG_20120422_100522.jpg

IMG_20120422_100502.jpg

This was a pretty quick and dirty job, as I was doing it on the road, and didn't have access to my rubber-jawed pliers, so there is a bit of scratching near the endlink, but it isn't as visible in real life as it is on the pictures.

Now some pics of the deconstruction. The inside of the endlink is much different from the standard endlink, in that it is completely smooth. Here's a pic to describe it:

IMG_20120422_100602.jpg

Now here's a couple of pieces of the endlink. I stated before that the shape resembled an S, which is now incorrect. The new endlink connectors from Yuki resemble a 3. Ignore the relatively mauled look of this endlink - it came off a used bracelet which had been incorrectly modified. Note the material and design:

IMG_20120422_100657.jpg

And a pic of the side:

IMG_20120422_100907.jpg

Sorry for the blurred picture, but my camera wouldn't take a photo of the link, it kept focusing on the tablecloth. :S

The ideal way to modify these is to use a soldering iron to heat up the portion which connects to the final link of the bracelet, and when it is hot, slowly bend the link open just a hair. You should be able to slide the tiny pin through the gap you have made, and then slide the part above out from between the hole in the endlink, like so:

IMG_20120422_100721.jpg

With that piece out, the next step is to heat the inside of the piece above where the springbar sits with the soldering iron. By heating this piece with the soldering iron tip which should be the same size as the springbar, you can just push straight through, opening the link to precisely the width of a 2mm springbar.

After you have completed this, the next step is to put the springbar in place, and then push the piece back through the endlink, "gap" side down (ie: towards the bottom of the clasp.) Then, heat up the "gap" with your soldering iron and the piece should wrap back around the metal pin with some rubber-toothed pliers. This will leave no marks, if you did it right, and with the bracelet in the same place, just the inner tube widened to accept the 2mm springbar. I've thought this over recently, and I don't think that there would be any structural problems with this, as you are heating the steel up enough to encourage the bending but not to melting point.

To woof*: I'd be glad to look at your bracelet, if you want, and see if I can get it back to "ideal."

I think this is a decent fix for the Yuki bracelet, and should tide people over until (hopefully) he fixes the problem. Sorry for the XXL pics! :)

ww12345

Nice pictures and writeup. I might take you up on your kind off someday :)

I know the construction you show in your pics, I own two gen 7205 19mm rivets and a 19mm folded.

Two of those have assorted broken "mid-endlink" pieces like in your sixth pic down. Those mid parts are rare, but I found a seller in brazil that had some nos pieces and bought them awhile back but I havent found the time to take that job on. I planned on using the 19mm bracelets for Daytona builds someday maybe, also I have a gen 6694 that needs a bracelet.

I still am unsure of where I got the 20mm in my pictures above. It's not yuki, but it's similar. Does anyone know of any rep rivets that have gen construction? All the rest of my rep rivets have solid non foldable midlinks and regular conventional endllinks.

Ah, so you're the one that bought those pieces! I was watching those, too, but he seemed kind of sketchy in the communication I had with him. Then, when I went back to buy them, they were gone! :D Out of curiosity, what are their dimensions? I understood from him that they were really, really tiny. Are they normal-ish size? Would love to see pics of your 6694. How cool!

I was wondering where you got that bracelet. It is really cool, because it emulates (as you may already know) the USA-type rivet. What does the clasp logo look like? It would be really cool if we tracked down the maker of that bracelet, as well. AFAIK, Yuki is the only one that we know of with gen construction. All others have the symptoms like you describe.

You know the josh perfect clones clone site? the fake one that kinda looks just like his?

I bought a Rolex 6541 milgauss with that bracelet from what I thought was josh. I bought several watches from josh in the past, and when I ordered the 6541 I bought it from the fake site. I didn't know I did that for six months or so, I emailed josh about the watch and he didn't know what I was talking about..lol..I logged into my account on josh's site and looked at my previous sales and the 6541 wasn't there...then I figured it out...it must have come from the fake site. That's all I can figure about where that rivet came from. It's not exact same as your yuki, the engraving is different and of course the dimpled top rivets.

Yes I bought those pieces! Lol I was emailing him back and forth. I'll say this about that seller...even tho I paid crazy money..they were on my doorstep in Dallas two days later :) they are tiny pieces..but fit into the gen endllinks perfectly as the guy said they were for 19mm.

It would be great if we did find the source for my bracelet regardless of it coming from the fake site or not. It feels a different level quality from my other rep rivets and is similar to my smaller gens.

My 6694

2bdbf4c0.jpg

How much did you pay for the 6541? I wonder if the fake site would be willing to sell just the bracelet. I know it would be a gamble dealing with someone other than the trusted dealer but if it were only for a few dollars, it might be worth the risk.

For that matter, could one of our dealers source it?

That's how I discovered the problem, I emailed josh to try to get another bracelet from the 6541 and he said he didn't have rivets for sale seperate, the more we talked it became clear he didn't know I bought the watch from him( and I discovered I didn't). Yeah I guess we could contact the fake site and see. It's been over a year. The 6541 w Swiss eta was just under 300 I think. I sent it to Jmb to install a gen crown, drill out the lugholes and try to fix the endllinks.

The fake site is the first thing that comes up when you google perfect clones http://perfect-clones.net/

Josh's site is http://www.1-pc8838.com. The opening page looks similar if you don't know there's a fake site.

The watch that bracelet came on

3fed7f60.jpg

Here's the URL, for anyone interested. I assume this is what you bought, right woof*?

http://www.perfect-c...836-p-6684.html - Just to make absolutely clear for people who just got here: This is NOT the standard Josh site. This is the fake site. Included in this thread for the sole purpose of discovering the source of 7206 bracelets.

I bought a Rolex 6541 milgauss with that bracelet from what I thought was josh. I bought several watches from josh in the past, and when I ordered the 6541 I bought it from the fake site. I didn't know I did that for six months or so, I emailed josh about the watch and he didn't know what I was talking about..lol..I logged into my account on josh's site and looked at my previous sales and the 6541 wasn't there...then I figured it out...it must have come from the fake site. That's all I can figure about where that rivet came from. It's not exact same as your yuki, the engraving is different and of course the dimpled top rivets.

Yes I bought those pieces! Lol I was emailing him back and forth. I'll say this about that seller...even tho I paid crazy money..they were on my doorstep in Dallas two days later :) they are tiny pieces..but fit into the gen endllinks perfectly as the guy said they were for 19mm.

It would be great if we did find the source for my bracelet regardless of it coming from the fake site or not. It feels a different level quality from my other rep rivets and is similar to my smaller gens.

That's the most bizarre thing I've ever heard. LOL. I may place an order at the fake site and see if they send me a gen. :)