When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

eta 2846 slow beat movement alternative?

sishac

Hi all,

I'm looking for a slow beat eta movement for a MBW 5513....I've got a 2872 from a swatch irony that seems to be a slow beat movement, but I haven't taken it out of the swatch case to try and fit it in the MBW case yet.

My question is this....everyone says that the best movement to get is a 2846, but are there any other eta calibre's that would also fit the bill?

Also, as Ebay seems to be a great place to find these movements, can anyone suggest watch brands that might carry this movement? I know that they came in 17 and 21 jewel versions...any suggestions?

Thanks,

I have a 2873 that I use in a 1665 and the movement is very good. Beat rate is correct I believe and all parts interchange (dials hands, etc) I bought mine on the Bay, but had to take the whole thing apart and clean/oil as it was not as described. it did "run" when I got it though. Be leery of descriptions.

your swatch movement is most likely missing drilled holes for a dial, and most importantly drilled holes for the case clamps to screw it down, swatch cases are built to hold the movement without the need for screws. only part worth taking off this movement is the setting bridge since it has two positions, wind and time and youre building 5513 this is perfect. keep the movement for its spare parts, some swatch movements have plastic parts instead of metal as well so be aware of that, the metal in some of the parts is also much cheaper and brassy gold colored where on the 2846 it is nickle or something similar.

2783/2 does not have 100% compatible parts with the 2846 or 2836, the keyless works is all different as is the date mech. the keyless works has a spring that loves to go flying once you open it up.

i suggest sticking with a 2846 its more familiar and parts are still readily available. there was one that sold last week for $65 inside a NOS Mondaine watch on the bay, if i didnt already have one thats the one i would have bid on.

if you can get a 2783 in COSC grade for a good price its worth the hassle RADO DIASTAR 1 2797

get the 21jewel version as the reversing wheels tend to stick less than on the 17j variety (which doesnt have jewels on the reversing wheels)

some brands:

Mondaine

Enicar (cal 2158)

Tissot

Rado

lukom

West end watch co (where i sourced mine)

titoni

sowan (sowar) watch

octo

you ll find what youre looking for if you search through these brands on the bay

I have a 2873 movement right in front of me and the only thing different from the 2824 is the stem, and the dw change setup. Other than that I have transfered the auto-winding, hour/minute pinions, etc. the Keyless is nearly identical. Now, this is the 2873, not the 2783

E