When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

So I've been bit by the Daytona bug (bought beano2004's)...

tabularasa415

So I was itching to try out a Dayton, and after seeing Beano's fire sale-priced piece, I couldn't resist.

http://www.rwg.cc/topic/144471-soldsold-sold-franken-spinmaster-6263-daytona/

So, let's start with the bracelet. I don't think the bracelet I was sent would have come with the watch, but I don't really care. It's not good quality (or at least good enough for me). How is Yuki's Daytona bracelet? Decent fitment? Should I just buy a gen? If I do, do the 357/557 end pieces fit ok, or do you absolutely have to get 57/571 end pieces?

Also, should I get a Yuki dial? Is this dial that bad?

Other than these questions, are there any other recommended mods? I really know nothing about Daytonas. I JUST started "studying up" as I didn't want to ask too many stupid questions.

I do know one thing: This watch looks damn sexy on my wrist. I'm a smitten kitten.

Thanks for your input fellas. I will take some pictures in a bit.

Oh, I just realized that I have a gen stretch rivet 6635 with 57 end pieces on my Tudor 7909. I think I may have to see how it fits... :g:

Mate,

Your best option about the bracelet is to go to gen 78350 bracelet. It is not overpriced, and it keeps it value during the time. The Yuki's bracelet is very good (once it has been oiled), but the clasp is wrong, wrong and wrong. The coronet is bad, and mis-placed. At least, you should go to gen clasp ;)

About the end links, you can go for 571 end links from DW. They are very good, and guaranteed fitting your case without mods. Also, if you prefer gen and if you don't want to spend $200 into gen 571, you can go for gen 557 end links ($50), if you like the look. Personally, I like it ;)

Your DW dial is good considering it's a 7750 dial. I don't know if Yuki is selling dials for 7750 (I don't think so), and even if he is selling it, few threads here proven it's not a good upgrade. The "real" upgrade is gen dial - forget about it, it will not fit a 7750, and it's clearly overpriced.

Except the bracelet, you already have gen crown / tube / T21. This is all the mods your Spinmaster's can take. I don't see the interest to invest +1500 EUR to get a gen bezel... :) :)

Beano's watch is pretty decent as is. I like the dial. Maybe change the coronet as some have done later on. The bezel insert shouldn't be a problem as it adds character and overall the watch should be 40+ years old anyways. A bracelet will be nice for everyday wear to formal. Personally I like a nice bund strap in it. Good catch for sure. I'm finishing one of mine soon. Too many projects dammit

I'm getting one of ofrei's GS t21s to try a fit and see what they look like. The Clark's t21 DOES NOT fit without trimming. If you polish the DW crystals up to .25 microns in session from 1micron down it actually adds a bit of that "jewel" effect. I'll have to take a picture tonight. E