When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1st. timer !

glock40

Hi everyone ! still walkin down the asile next month, with a Deep Sea on my wrist hopefully. goin to go with 1 of andrews, how does the asia nickel plated 3135 compare to the swiss eta 2836 ? and is this gem realy factory pressure tested to 50 meters, will be doin some light diveing on the honeymoon. Thanks again all,you have ben a great help.

I would suggest as a first timer going with a 2836 as they are proven reliable were as the 3135 is still an immature movement that has bugs to work out. As far as water resistance goes if your going to do some light diving I would suggest having someone grease and check all of the gaskets and seals. I would even do an epoxy mod to seal up the HEV valve. Hope this helps

Go with the Asian clone ETA 2836 and save yourself some cash. They are pretty good movements that can be repaired easily by about any competent watch maker.

I agree with the other members about having the seals greased and epoxy the HEV if you'll taking the watch in the drink. Unless the factories have fixed it, the HEV on the Deep Sea can be pushed in, which is the opposite of how it should function.