When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Retained in customs -reason #99 ?

gasdoc

Anyone ever get this? I have a watch incoming to the USA from UAE via EMS. tracking says it's retained by customs for reason number 99. According to google that means waiting for declared value from sender? The packing slip contains no value. I have seen a scan of it.

Any suggestions?

• Like 1

That usually means you have to provide a receipt of purchase with the value of the item on it... In case the sender doesent provide value of said item.

Thats the problem. They need a value for "import" reasons. They will probably contact the seller for receipt.... Hope someone else also chimes in here.

When this happens to me in Norway I provide Paypal receipt, or if the value is high I forge a repair/service receipt and e-mail to the import office...

You will probably get a letter in the mail about this...

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Thats the problem. They need a value for "import" reasons. They will probably contact the seller for receipt.... Hope someone else also chimes in here.

When this happens to me in Norway I provide Paypal receipt, or if the value is high I forge a repair/service receipt and e-mail to the import office...

You will probably get a letter in the mail about this...

Yes, i do the exact same thing ;) works fine everytime :)