When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Crown fell off my 42mm PO 5th Gen. Now what?

digimon

I recently bought a 42mm PO from Josh. Unfortunately the crown fell off and the watch is basically useless. It looks like the stem is still on and the case tube is still intact. Unfortunately I lost the the crown when it fell off. So what are my options? Here are some questions I have:

1. Does anyone sell replacement crowns? And is just a matter of screwing the new crown in?

2. I saw that you can buy a gen crown. Will the gen crown fit the watch? Do I have to get a tube as well or will the existing tube work?

I hope there is an easy solution. Sending it back overseas seems like a costly option. I might as well buy a gen crown. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ed

Gen crown requires removing the case tube and replacing with a gen, and since the rep tube has a larger diameter, you'll need to epoxy the new tube to the case.

If it were me, I'd e-mail Andrew and see if he can source you a replacement crown. I've need replacement parts from time to time, and Andrew has always come through for me.

How can a screw down crown fall off without you noticing? :bangin:

If you can manage to get a replacement crown, you will have to remove the caseback, push a little pin down and pull out the stem, screw the new crown on the stem, push all back in and screw on the caseback and crown.

Edited by Tom Hawkes