When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Broken stem on XVI

rcaf2008

Good day fellow members,

I'm hoping to get some advice. A few months ago I purchased a rep XVI from the sales thread. It has worked flawlessly, is a beautiful watch and I enjoyed wearing it very much. A couple of my friends were very taken with it also, arguing who would get it had something happened to me. But just recently, the stem broke on it while I was adjusting the date. It always did seem a bit flimsy, but I figured that was just the lower quality of asian movements. The watch still runs if I shake it for a bit so I know the movement is fine, but the crown just spins freely. When I brought it to a local watch repair facility, he said he could not fix it and did not know where to order the parts.

So I'm wondering if you guys could give me some ideas of what to do. Should I just cut my losses and sell it? Try to order another stem? Find a new repair guy?

And If I were to sell it, what do you think would be a fair price taking into account the defect?

Many thanks,

-Denis.