When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Crown problem

bensonp

Hi all,

I'm having crown problem with one of my panerai.

I can pull out the crown to adjust the time, but when I push it back in, it is loose and I can't wind the watch.

Any idea what is wrong with it and what can I do?

When i push the crown back in, and when I turn the crown, it doesn't wind the movement, but it adjust the time.

Thanks,

Benson

It's likely that the retaining screw has become detached for the retaining plate it will proberbly need the dial and hands removing to re attach. Ore you tighten the screw and it's solved.

Easy solved. It was also the case with one of my watches. Haven't done it before but it's really easy.

Good luck.

Agree. First step is to remove the case back and tighten the setting lever screw (aka: stem release screw). You will see it just above where the stem enters the movement. Chances are good that this will fix your problem. If not then the screw has come loose from the setting lever. In which case you will need to fix the keyless works and reinstall the screw. This requires removal of the hands and dial.