When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Police and customs raid! :)

Broker1981

Hi!

Well, i had been wondering what the legal conequences of buying replicas would be, and now i know.

At 8.45 pm it knocked on my door. I opened, and two armed police officers (they are not normally armed in Norway, only on high-risk jobs) entered together with a guy from customs. They were armed with pistols, bulletproof vests and a battering ram. I was arrested and put in a holding cell. I was told i had broken the customs law, but no elaboration on what they meant. After 6 hours in the cell i was brought up to an office. The charge against me was taking a watch out of the country without declaring it! The fact it was a rep didn't factor in.

This has inspired me, and i therefore offer a transport service for all Norwegian members who are afraid of customs. They can have it sent to Sweden, and i will pick it up, take it across the border, and mail it domestically. :-)

yes they did. and the funniest thing is that they were armed. It may sound natural to other members, but the standard for being armed as a police officer in Norway is much higher than other countries. Drug raids usually don't involve weapons.

The customs law in Norway says that you have to declare all watches or value items that are worth more than NOK 2000 (about USD 350). In other words almost all international travelers are breaking this law. By law you should declare even laptops and phones that are worth more than NOK 2000.

This has inspired me, and i therefore offer a transport service for all Norwegian members who are afraid of customs. They can have it sent to Sweden, and i will pick it up, take it across the border, and mail it domestically. :-)

wait a minute i hadnt even read this sentence!

what pure utter [censored] this is! this is blatantly a complete scam.

Hi!

Well, i had been wondering what the legal conequences of buying replicas would be, and now i know.

At 8.45 pm it knocked on my door. I opened, and two armed police officers (they are not normally armed in Norway, only on high-risk jobs) entered together with a guy from customs. They were armed with pistols, bulletproof vests and a battering ram. I was arrested and put in a holding cell. I was told i had broken the customs law, but no elaboration on what they meant. After 6 hours in the cell i was brought up to an office. The charge against me was taking a watch out of the country without declaring it! The fact it was a rep didn't factor in.

this is low dude! right out scam id say. Im also norwegian and i think i know pretty well how the norwegian customs would act on a counterfeit watch/bag/clothes etc. There would be no police at your door. customs would simply hold your watch IN CUSTOMS if they suspected it was contraband. Second ; there is as of today no law against bringing fake goods into norway as long as you declare the value of the watch if it is bought abroad and sent to you per post at more than 200NOK (approx. 35USD). if the watch is infact held in customs one of the following would happen:

1: it is returned to sender - with a letter to you stating it was not properly declared/and or contraband.

2: it is destroyed - with a letter to you stating it was not properly declared/and or contraband.

it is NOT by norwegian law illegal to buy fake goods. - it is illegal to sell them. carrying / or receiving pr post a large amount of fake goods trough the border will be a pertinent reason for customs to think you are in the selling business - thus making it illegal.

oh and btw; everytime norwegian police arm themself there is a report of this in the local /and or national newspapers. please provide online link to this for proof.