When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just Wanted To Let Everyone Know....

Guest chronomat123

I wanted to wait until this matter was fully resolved before I weighed in with my post. also I was waiting for a final price from Ziggy for the repairs to give to Eric. I got an Enail From Ziggy last Saturday with a rundown of the costs to repair the watch.

I emailed a copy of Ziggys Emails to Eric on Saturday evening. Spoke on the phone with Eric last Sunday, the 11th. We had a nice chat an he told me that he would paypal the money to my account. He told me that he had a watch that he was selling, and If I could wait a few days it would be a great help to him. I agreed to wait until this Friday.

Today (Thursday)Eric forwarded the entire amount to my Paypal account. This was done in an honest and straightforward manner. I consider the case closed.

I have no hard feelings toward Eric. Could this have been done differently, yes it could have. Had Eric communicated with me at the onset, this would have never gotten posted as a thread on the forum. I do understand that there are extenuating circumstances which happen. I think that the key to sales are communication with your customers. There have been multitudes of threads started here about dealers and other sellers who are really good about answering emails until the sale is closed than they get hard to find. Unfortunately, this phenomon is not exclusive to our little watch fraternity. How many tiimes have you bought any thing, from a shirt to a new car. You have a problem and suddenly you realize the sales department has 20 phone lines, customer service has one!!

I hope that everyone on the forum will let this die. Eric is still active here, and I believe that he will be more receptive to keeping up a good line of communication in the future. He has a lot of knowledge and a love of watches which are both positive for this forum.

@Devedander

Now.....

Since youve had so much input in this thread how about upgrading to RWG Supporter???

Amen to that!!

It doesn't matter if you've got 322 posts in just one month....or if you've been here for a long time.

It's been interesting to see how easily people throw around the words "character" and "integrity". Let's see everyone show some....and support this forum that has provided us all so much. It's insanely low cost considering what it provides. (Frankly...it should cost more) If you're here....you've gained something from the experience.

Got a rep? Didn't get burned by a $900 "Swiss" site? Learned anything? Have fun in the arcade? Then put up a little bit of all that disposable income to help those who have provided that for you.

If you don't....just lay your head on the pillow at night knowing you are a POS....and all the rest of us know it :p

Thus ends my rant at the end of a very long....and not so great day :D

wow, I have not checked on this thread since my post on that first page. there had been quite a few posts about this. it's great to know that eric took care of arthur's bills with The Zigmeister. props to eric. let's do close this chapter, and hope the moral of the story that we all learned is that if you are selling something to a person, tell it like it is, and don't lie about it. and we'll continue to have this great community grow each day. happy ticking/sweeping as always......

I just farted.

Sorry. This thread needed a little lightening up.

A few in this thread sounded like prosecutors in ethics court. There were lectures about morals and character that had a disquieting tone. It sounds like the situation was handled to the satisfaction of both parties and some of it was done in the open which was optional. Hammering away and lecturing someone, who obviously had a conscience about the events as they unfolded, on the importance of character smelled of pious posturing. A number of threads here have a school yard tone that seems a bit silly.