When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Nautilus 1:1 on gen Patek Philippe grey composite strap

mt666tm

I've always loved the grey dial nautilus on composite (waterproof) grey strap, so when something is called 1:1 you would think a strap change would be straight forward. This was not the case.

First problem was that one of the strap pin lock screws was stripped so I had to drill it out. Then I ran into the real problem. The strap lug that fits into the strap is too big on the rep. It has to be shaved down all around in order for the gen strap insert to slip on. After everything was shaved and fitted the pins slide in and lock screws were reinstalled (one properly and one is a head glued in place, both look perfect).

There was also a big speck of dust on the dial so the whole watch was opened up to blow it out, along with refinishing screwheads and repressing the stem tube which was sticking out a bit, bad QC I guess...

So for those wanting to install gen Patek straps, now you know what you may be in for;

DSC02273.jpg

DSC02274.jpg

IMG_20120422_122834.jpg

IMG_20120422_122851.jpg

Compare with a gen picture pulled from online:

GEN:

gennautilus.jpg

:cool:

• 4 months later...