When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hi everybody!

My name is Craig and I'm brand new here. I stumbled upon the site from a a simple google search.

I'm here for educational purposes, I suppose. I purchased my first and on rep online for way too much. I called myself doing the research, but I guess it wasn't enough. I love watches but I don't like the reps that aren't as close to the original as possible, like your cheap Canal street knockoffs. Maybe I'm a bit of an elitist, but my next purchase will be from whoever makes the best and closest match. Not to fool others but because of the craftsmanship involved in making it.

With that, I'm open to any advice, suggestions, pm's with experiences. I don't want to repeat the same mistake twice.

(I purchased a PAM 111 for $400 that would've sold to someone far more knowledgeable for far less.)

Thanks everyone!

Craig

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry you were ripped off on your first purchase, but even if you do your research you can't stop a bad dealer from lying to you and sending you junk.

That's why we collect trusted dealers here. Some have been with use for years and years. Decide what you want and buy with confidence.

Hello Craig and welcome to the community. I would not spend too much energy fretting about a $400 111, IF, it is a good one such as Noob 111M or N, or Hfac 111m. You did get your money's worth. My advice is to follow the lead of seasoned collectors and do not get caught up in the never ending mod scene. Appreciate them for what they are and upgrade or mod if you begin to notice shortcomings.

Be slow and cautious in your purchases my friend.