When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Did Someone Purchase The New 7750 Iwc Chronos?

ryaku

• 3 weeks later...
If someone did, please check for me the total dial diameter.

It would be much appreciated as i'm planning to get this watch (whan price will be proportioned to the accuracy of this watch :angry: ) and replace the dial with a genuine one.

I ordered the IWC GST Chrono SS -- diameter is approx. 40mm. I'll post come pics when it arrives.

I ordered the IWC GST Chrono SS -- diameter is approx. 40mm. I'll post come pics when it arrives.

Thanks lasaint, you ordered a beautiful watch but it's completely different from the Pilot Iwc.

However no doubt i'll enjoy your pics. :)

Dealers' sites tell 39-40mm but it wouldn't be the first time they made a mistake (and it's fully understandable considering how many watch they have).

(dealers' sites or dealers sites? which one is correct in english? i don't remember "possessive case" rules... :( )

Edited by ryaku

I don't know why people keep saying that this watch is inaccurate. I guess the confusion is because people think this is the Doppelchronograph, while this replica is actually from the Flieger Chronograph. I have checked the watch and its is very accurate and correctly sized, with the exception of the case back. The real Flieger Chronograph is 39mm in diameter just as the replica. People who is checking the IWC web page must take into account that IWC increased the size of its complete pilot watches line just this year. Flieger Chronograph increased from 39mm to 42mm, Doppelchronograph from 42mm to 44mm, and XV was substituted by a larger XVI model. Dial styles have also changed (previous ones were much nicer IMHO).

coquito i'm just listing the most evident flaws for the Pilot Chrono (not the spitfire):

- seconds hands and subdials hand of the wrong color (should be white)

- inaccurate case (pushers should be bigger)

- no white circles in 2 subdials

- wrong disposition of numbers in 9-o-clock subdial

- too short minutes hand

- too slim hours hand

- caseback

Most likely i forgot something else.

Is it enough to say it's pretty inaccurate? :whistling:

Genuine:

154532-14052.jpg

OK you have done your homework. At the end is your decision to buy or not. I still think the replica is very good for the money. You are getting the same Valjoux 7750 movement than the original...well Asian version and a pretty decent shaped case, correct size and a fair dial for how much? 1/10th of the price?

Let's keep focus and always think these are replicas, not the real McCoy. Unless we are talking of some of the mass produced replicas (Submariner, 44mm Panerai's, Omega PO), we cannot expect that the replicas are going to be flawless.

Take the IWC Jones for example. I have and it is a pretty nice watch, with a pretty good Swiss caliber on it. I have and love it. I can list the flaws: bolder font, incorrect sub dial, slimmer case, incorrect case back look (of course!), lug size, etc. Still I do not see much people complaining about it.

Good luck with you decision.

B)

You are getting the same Valjoux 7750 movement than the original...

I wish it was true. :huh:

Asian 7750 is well known to be a problematic movement (The Zigmeister, our watchmaking master, suggests to get it serviced to prevent breakings).

Let's keep focus and always think these are replicas, not the real McCoy. Unless we are talking of some of the mass produced replicas (Submariner, 44mm Panerai's, Omega PO), we cannot expect that the replicas are going to be flawless.

I'm aware we're talking about replica but there's nothing wrong in looking for the best accuracy from em, especially when price's over 250$.

If price was 100$ i could agree with you but from a 250$ replica i expect good accuracy and this watch doesn't excel at all in it.

Besides there are other better replicas in term of accuracy and at the same price i wouldn't get this one.

It still remains a nice watch but not accurate and for me it's a big flaw.

Take the IWC Jones for example.

Jones is much more accurate, flaws are not so evident and you can get it for 110$ wth asian movement.

At the end it's just matter of tastes and opinions. :p