When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch service in Los Angeles, US!

Hi,

Is there any body thay can suggest me with any watchmaker who can service or fix replica. Unfortunately,I accidentaly dropped my Panerai watch and it stops working. There is no outer damages, but I think it damaged some of the movement parts.

I am looking for a watchmaker in Los Angeles area (Orang County is fine), and if possible someone who I can come or meet in person / drop off. I am not really into mailing and stuff.

Also, my watch is PAM 111N by H-Factory. Is it worth to repair the movement? If not, How much it cost to buy a new movement?

Thanks,

William

There are many reasons why it is hard to get replicas repaired...

Many shops will not work on replicas at all.

Many shops will not work on replicas because they are too busy working on genuine watches.

Shoddy materials and assembly in many replicas make repairs difficult.

After you fix one thing, something else breaks = too many comebacks.

No parts.

Something else...

Many replica owners can not understand why shops charge the same (or more) per hour to work on a $100 replica as working on a $1000 brand name watch.

High expectations...many replica owners can not recognise junk when they see it. A harsh statement but true.

Many times replacing a $20/$50 Asian movement is the best bet. I have worked on a LOT of Asian movements and it can be a waste of time.

My 'Asian Movement Rule' (as applied to replicas)

If it runs two weeks, it might run two years. =@

There are quite a few exceptions of course, the Seagull ST19 for instance. They might run 50 years if taken care of (no smoking, no fried chicken). :animal_rooster: