When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daytona question

archierocks

do you guys think it would be poss to take one of perfect or trusties daytona reps in to a better looking rep by swapping the movement to a 7750 or a 7750 what other work would need done i know its one of the hardest reps to get looking good

Whoa guys, the modern Daytona is no simple cakewalk.

First, the a7750 is modified by moving the running seconds from 9 to 6 and the 30 minute counter from 12 to 3. But in a nutshell this bogs down the movment and makes it prone to failure. Freddy has had some luck with a graphite treatment to make it more dependable, but this isn't an easy mod unless you're a decent watchmaker.

Second, Freddy swapped cases to get a better case when he did his Daytona build. So that adds extra money to the deal also.

All of this has been going on for the last 3-5 years so good luck in searching the archives. Maybe freddy333 or someone else can help out here, but like I said- it ain't no friggin cakewalk so take off the rose colored glasses. Building a dependable Daytona takes patience and a fair chunk of change.

Whoa guys, the modern Daytona is no simple cakewalk.

First, the a7750 is modified by moving the running seconds from 9 to 6 and the 30 minute counter from 12 to 3. But in a nutshell this bogs down the movment and makes it prone to failure. Freddy has had some luck with a graphite treatment to make it more dependable, but this isn't an easy mod unless you're a decent watchmaker.

Second, Freddy swapped cases to get a better case when he did his Daytona build. So that adds extra money to the deal also.

All of this has been going on for the last 3-5 years so good luck in searching the archives. Maybe freddy333 or someone else can help out here, but like I said- it ain't no friggin cakewalk so take off the rose colored glasses. Building a dependable Daytona takes patience and a fair chunk of change.

i have both so i am sure it will come together eventually lol maybe before im 60 there has to be a movement out there that can work somewhere the hunt begins