When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 390 engine check

tslims99

I recieved a Pam 390 from Josh about 2 weeks ago, and have been very satisfied with it thus far. I decided to do an engine check to see what kind of reserve the hand wind movement possesses. Gen panerai watches have a reserve of 50 hours, and I was interested to see if my rep could stay wound for even close to 50 hours.

Well...I am very happy to report that I gave my Pam 390 a full wind 48 hours ago, and it is still keeping perfect time! Way to go Josh! I will not hesitate to pull the trigger on a another Pam in the future!!!

post-25087-0-31738500-1337392879.jpg

I have recently invested in an A21j PAM090 - one of the ones with a functional power reserve dial that goes to 40 hours. The person I bought it from (back street rep vendor in Malaysia) warned me that I wouldn't actually get anything like 40 hours. She said that it should do 24, and might make it to 30. I tested it by giving it a full manual wind and left it to run down. I got *exactly* 40 hours from it, with the PR indicator nicely and accurately counting down the hours. A21Js come in for a lot of flack, and I know that they can be a bit hit or miss. However, just sometimes, they can perform outstandingly. Not only does it have the same PR as a gen, it is also by far the most accurate rep I own - usually keeping time to less than 5 seconds per day.

Edited by tode1640