When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

9 days "awaiting custom clearance" should i be worrying

gavinh29

As the title says I ordered 3 watches from trusty and to save on shipping costs I had them sent together to me in the uk. They arrived at international hub on the 13th and have been awaiting custom clearance since....should I start to worry now or has this happened to anyone?

Guest Carl

You don't ever "combine" to save on shipping costs. Just makes you a dealer to customs.

Do one at a time, as has been recommended here for the past five or six years.

Actually, "Trusty" should have headed this off for you.

Hope all turns out well.

Carl

Thanks for the replies and supporr, I ordered a IWC big pilot, Iwc top gun and panerai 212 flyback. I think I will phone customs this morning. I just hope I am not going to lose them and be taught a valuable lesson

Update...I called parcelforce customer services who confirmed that 9 days in customs is a long time and took my details to arrange a call back. She asked what was in the package and i said "fashion watches" which i was advised to say by Andrew at trusty

I am in a very similar situation. On the 27th April I ordered 3 watches from PC, then on the 4th May ordered another watch. The second order turned up yesterday but my first order is still showing as being processed via customs.

I rang them a few minutes ago and they tell me the parcel had lost its label, the bloke at Parcel Force took my delivery details and has assured me the package will be with me in 48 hours.......

Keeping everything crossed.

The 10 (and more) days "awaiting customs clearance" thing happened to me in February.

As I´ve seen in some fora discussions, I was not the only one...

The next order actually was again very fast.

Oh, and btw, sometimes, my orders also include 2 or 3 pieces. Never had any issue using

the triangle shipment option via UK.

The only problem case I recently read about was when a non-TD actually shipped the goods hidden

in a toy. The customs people tend to check "stuffed" toys even if it´s a shipment inside Europe... :g:

This has been a helpful post, as it is my first time at importing I was only reading horror stories inc ones suggesting the staff at customs are thieves themselves, its reassuring that some of you guys have similar experiences

I have just got of the phone to a guy at parcel force worldwide customer services and after I told him my parcel had been In customs for 2

10 days now he said " there is a major backlog, due to the time of year, the Olympics and a crack down on counterfeit goods and sometimes it is now taking between 2 to 3 weeks for parcels to clear" so looks like I will be sitting tight and praying I receive my 3 watches, if not I would consider myself unlucky as this is my first experience collecting

Edited by gavinh29