When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Diver QC on the Bezel triangle lume

mjmj

I have received QC of the AP Diver and noticed that the triangle marker lume on the bezel is not very neat. I have been told that I will have to wait for the next batch of Divers and it will be another couple of weeks. I have already been waiting over a month but I am not too keen on accepting this one. What are your thoughts? Should I just take it or wait for the next batch? Thanks

qc1m.jpg

img0031aim.jpgimg0033z.jpg

I just got my Diver, and yours actually looks better than mine. The recent batch of Divers seem to have slightly shoddy lume application on the rotating bezel, which I have observed from a few other guys' posts of their QC pics.

There's no guarantee that the next batches will be better. Could be even worse for all you know. If you really like the watch and want it in tip top condition, nothing beats a proper aftermarket lume job by some of the veteran modders here.

I will probably send mine for a bezel relume at some point, after I've had some time to enjoy wearing it. At the end of the day, minor flaws aside, the Diver is one heck of an awesome rep :)

That's one of them! Its your call, accept it if you can live with this flaw. If your the kinda guy who would be drawn to it every time you look at your wrist - reject there is better examples I have seen. Burnz is right tho the gamble is the next one might have bigger flaws.

...that triangle is so small in person it will be hardly noticable!!

Your lucky- mine arrived yesterday a whilst the lume is bang on the bezel has a large scuff on it- looks like it was done in transit : (

(the TD is sending me a replacement bezel as i was a little worried about sending it back- not much luck with postage just lately!)

2012-05-30124459.jpg

2012-05-30085859.jpg

Good luck & enjoy- its a quality rep!

Its not THAT bad is it?!?!?!

I intended to follow Mike00's tutorial for 'repairing scratched bezels' then i realised.....i havent got a crystal press!

I may just removed the bezel & get the crystal swapped at a watchsmiths OR just get them to do the swap.

Just figured id rather get the replacement bezel than take a risk on the postage- plus the watch seems perfect bar the dint.

...that triangle is so small in person it will be hardly noticable!!

Your lucky- mine arrived yesterday a whilst the lume is bang on the bezel has a large scuff on it- looks like it was done in transit : (

(the TD is sending me a replacement bezel as i was a little worried about sending it back- not much luck with postage just lately!)

Good luck & enjoy- its a quality rep!

Thanks.

Wow! your knick is very bad. I hope you get it sorted