When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

pusher has popped off my first new watch...newbie

Hi i am new to rep watches and to this forum, my first watch arrived yesterday an IWC 46mm topgun doppel from trusty and the top start/stop button pusher has popped of and now wont stay on. Is there a way i can fix it or is there someone I can be recommended who i can send the watch too? Apart from that I love the watch

Hi there. Sorry to hear you had such bad luck. The pushers are hold by either a screw or 'c' clip which can only be reached from the inside. One needs to remove the movement in order to reach it. My gues is either the c clip was not attached properly and is now floating around in the case or either the screw has unscrewd itself and is hanging in there. It should be a easy and small fix by someone who knows what he is doing. Find a local watchmaker who is not brand affiliated.

Good luck.

I'm scared my IWC Gst or Slevin might lose a pusher, last time I opened the caseback I checked inside: there were screws but apparently It wasn't possible to screw them fully in (screw keeps turning if you use a screwdriver) and it wasn't possible to remove the screw either.

How can i be sure they are safe?

I'm aware it sounds like a stupid question but believe me they weren't working like common screws. :D

I'm scared my IWC Gst or Slevin might lose a pusher, last time I opened the caseback I checked inside: there were screws but apparently It wasn't possible to screw them fully in (screw keeps turning if you use a screwdriver) and it wasn't possible to remove the screw either.

How can i be sure they are safe?

I'm aware it sounds like a stupid question but believe me they weren't working like common screws. :D

Secure them with a small drop of super glue (or simular). Use a needle to pin point the section of the threads.