When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2824-2 Crown Spring?

pwygant

Greetings,

I received a new watch the other day with a 2824-2 movement. Forgive me if I don't know the correct terminolgy for this but when I unscrew the crown, this time it doesn't have the normal "spring" type of jump out. The watch works pefect and I don't think anything is wrong but all my other ETA movements has this "springy" type of motion when I unscrew the crown and then you have to put slight pressure on it to screw it back on.

Ideas; Is it just missing some type of unneeded part?

//Cheers

it should be able to pull out one click to move date and next click is to set time , then push back in and be able to self wind if u like, then push in slightly and screw it in to close it, some stems may be cut closer than others which would cause u to have to push it in further to screw it down,hope this helps

joe

it should be able to pull out one click to move date and next click is to set time , then push back in and be able to self wind if u like, then push in slightly and screw it in to close it, some stems may be cut closer than others which would cause u to have to push it in further to screw it down,hope this helps

joe

Joe,

Thanks for the feedback. The watch works perfectly fine. Unscrew [winds] 1st click [date] and second click [time]. Are you just saying that the stem is probably a little bit too short but it won't make any real difference to the movement? What I mean is that this is probably not a defect, correct?

//Cheers

Greetings,

I received a new watch the other day with a 2824-2 movement. Forgive me if I don't know the correct terminolgy for this but when I unscrew the crown, this time it doesn't have the normal "spring" type of jump out. The watch works pefect and I don't think anything is wrong but all my other ETA movements has this "springy" type of motion when I unscrew the crown and then you have to put slight pressure on it to screw it back on.

Ideas; Is it just missing some type of unneeded part?

//Cheers

Sounds more like it's the spring in the crown; the stem itself should not be sprung (however, screwdown crowns typically are tension sprung so that they can be pressed against the tube to thread it down). I've had a couple of crowns show up with weak or broken springs. If it's a Poley, I usually just swap to a genuine anyways which fixes the problem.