When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 005 Swiss Movement Swap

williamyohan

Hi,

Today I received my new PAM 005 Noob from Angus, Puretime.

I really love the watch, and I think this is the best Panerai rep that I have at the moment. I have PAM 111N H-Factory, and I have big problems with its CG and Text Dial.

I always been thinking to swap the Asian 6497 movement to Swiss 6497 movement. The Asian movement itself is pretty accurate however personally I think the movement is really noisy despite its close back.

What do you guys suggest?

1. Should I change it to Swiss movement? is the difference movement will reduce the noise?

2. or I should just service the watch and hopefully it will reduce the noise.

and for the Swiss movement, I assume that

A. Unitas 6497-1 / ETA 6497-1 Watch Movement with Hammered Finish

post-42348-0-71459600-1339111330_thumb.p

and this

B. ETA 6498-1 Movement With Deluxe Finish and Blue Screws (or if the serial really makes difference, how about same ETA 6497 with decorations)

post-42348-0-48759700-1339111344_thumb.p

will perform exactly the same? the only difference is its decorations?

and here a picture of PAM 005 Noob from Puretime. Despite a slower response from Angus, the shipping is blazing fast. Posted on May 31th and supposedly arrive at June 5th.

post-42348-0-02592200-1339112137_thumb.j

Thanks,

William

i dont think it worth it, there is no actual difference between asin and swiss.. and i think asian movement is pretty good. If i were you, I would get full movement service.

I've always been partial to Swiss movements because I haven't had good luck with the Asian ones.

Is there a general consensus from the forum experts that a serviced Asian movement is just as good as a Swiss movement?

I have both the movements you show above for sale and even a hibrid, 6497-1 converted to 6497-2 with all swiss parts, but i would still say the asian is just as good in the short term particualy if it is a seagull 21.600 version, which i woiuld say is every bit as good as the swiss one