When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cheap omega opinions please

Pp4811

Hi noob here. Can anyone give me their opinion on this? I know it's cheap and you get what you pay for but I fancy a gen but I don't fancy spending the money on one to not like it 3 months later. Does this appear an ok rep?

It's ome149 on silix-prime website.

Thanks

If you don't have the patience to wait more than a few hours for a response to your thread, the rep game is probably not for you.

I doubt anyone will respond to your thread unless you provide a link to the watch in question.

Finally, a cheap rep is a cheap rep... nothing wrong with that, but it is what it is. You can buy a $30 rep, a $300 rep, a $600 franken or a $3000 gen, all of them offer a different value-for-the-money proposition. It's up to you what you want and how much you're willing to pay for.

I'm wearing a Silix $29.00 PO as I type this...I was tidying up my watch shelf this morning and found it...I had forgotten buying it.....It ain't too bad!!

here's a pic on a non matching bracelet that I think looks OK on it:

IMG_2397.jpg

The watch is not a replica of anything that you could buy at an AD, but it has decent fit and finish, and I particularly like the "QOS" textured dial finish with out the "QOS" etching on the crystal....

The existence of a watch of this quality for such a ridiculously low price is probably because there were a bunch of leftover parts hanging around some Chinese guys basement...

For instance, the 45mm case has 20mm bracelet ends and it is an exact match to one I bought @ 5 years ago from TTK....The QOS dial was also most likely a production overrun

from that not so popular issue, and the bracelet that comes with it is a joke!!

IMG_2400.jpg

Trust me Omega never made ANYTHING like THAT!!

(notice the spelling!!)