When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Waiting for Esdee's Mille Metri Project

daevildog

Esdee (of Horn lug/Welded Lug case set fame) is working on a new project. I was kind enough to post a preview of the project. I can't wait to receive my polished bronze case set (everything except the movement).

bronze-greenmille.jpg

Rahmen_Bild_VP2_34.jpg

Physical dimentions and info about the case

--------------------------------------------------

---Midcase :

47mm diameter

58.75mm lug to lug

~16.5mm thickness

21mm strap width

---Strap :

Citizen 24mm diver strap cut down to 21mm (as seen on many images!)

A really nice high qualitty strap. it will have a sewn in buckle attached too as seen on references

---Crystal :

5.1mm thick (the prototype crystal on the cases pictured are 4.3mm)

custom made sapphire, will get them inside AR coated

---Crown:

10mm wide spring loaded, triple or even quad sealed. (the one pictured is test item, only double sealed)

---Bezel:

3 finger grip, with solid engraved on the bezel triagle for lume dot

every 2.5minutes bezel positionings with a push to turn function (that is you press the bezel against the case, it gets unlocked from the current position,

then it can get bidirectionally turned then on the next position it once pressure is released the bezel locks)

---Dial:

aluminium black matte anodized dial with tampon printed indice marking. those wont be lumed as i dont have the way to have them lumed

---Hands:

white steel or bronze hands custom made. no tritium lume on them, the only company that makes tritium vials in this size wont sell me no matter what without having a tritium handling license!

there are some cheap watches on ebay with tritium vial hands that can be purchased and salvage their tubes. unfortunately i cant do this on a mass scale

---O-rings

really really fat orings for bezel and caseback

---Availabilty of case materials:

[censored]anium (Grade 5)

Stainless steel (316L)

Phosphor bronze or bronze (phosphor bronze is stronger than normal bronze)

all screws on all materials are Stainless Steel made

---Movemetn Compatibility:

ETA 2824-2, and all modern direct swap movemetns (seagull, selita and chinese clones)

all above movements will need to have an H5 or H6 CP and center wheel

vintage ETA auto movements are compatible, too! these movemetns might not need tall CPs too if they are 5.2mm thick

you will receive movement holder for both type of movements (2824-2, clones and vintage ETA auto)

---Overall info for the case

-beta case is at least 200m waterproof as it was tested. (it maxed out the testing equipment)

this beta case was 60% of what i want the production cases to be in terms of waterproofing specs so on my custom waterproofing equipment cases will be tested to at least 400m (this testing equipment will be able to test up to 4000m)

-reference case is very fine blasted so will be reproduction case to match originals. polished will be avaliable as finish for bronze and stainelss steel cases

-case will come with a custom made tool to ensure easy assembly of the case so orings are pressed as they should to ensure water tightness

-the most detailed references where used to make this case as perfect as possible!

So what is included on the offered watch?

-------------------------------------------------

midcase , bezel , custom made sapphire crystal, sub bezel part, wave spring that allows push to turn, double the amount of screws the case needs (just in case), crown 0.9mm threaded for auto movements, caseback, gen rubber divers strap with sewn in buckle, dial , hands, Orings, lug screws, movement ring, screwdriver and the custom made tool to ensure proper case assembly

so basically add a movement and maybe an hour of your time to have your watch fully assembled!

Case material options are [censored]anium, Stainless Steel and bronze

Finish options are Polished (only for Stainless Steel and bronze) and micro bead blasted (fine blasting)

_________THANK YOU___________

Thank you everyone for watching my work and please feel free to ask anything!

as always i prefer contact via email at esdee0@gmail.com where i can have everything organized into conversations!

And now on to the pics

DSC_4073.jpg

DSC_4072.jpg

DSC_4098.jpg

DSC_4097.jpg

DSC_4083.jpg

DSC_4082.jpg

DSC_4080.jpg

DSC_4075.jpg

DSC_4076.jpg

DSC_4074.jpg

DSC_4098.jpg