When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is there a demand for a better qaulity of rep?

alwyn

Where did you find it a lot cheaper?

All the dealers I made enquiries to were quoting around the 700 mark, one was slightly more, one was slightly less.

I re-drew that post,..

Though I remember when I was bringing Jay closer into RWG and it was frowned upon ?

I only did it, because I recognized how negotiable he was with regards to our suggestions

on everything from special orders, going ETA, his new site construction, even down to his

pricing,.. plus his customer service was to that point like no other..Now everyone knows

about how fantastic he is..

Jay never forgot that, and always takes a 10% discount off my ever order.. Great Guy that Jay !

So take that away from $650 and you have it....$585.. but I could have sworn that the

watch was less before...

Funny thing is,..We could all get at least a 15% discount every time if we always act in unison.

I see that others are starting group buys, and that is good, but it's only the tip of the iceberg

of what is potentially possible, including steady support for our boards.

Group buys give a big chunk of money to the dealer, and if it's one particular model, it also means they can buy in bulk if there are enough orders, hopefully passing on some cost savings. Economies of scale and all that.

You are lucky you get 10% off, even from all the ETAs as well?

I think that there is, without a doubt a large buying segment for very expensive replicas provided that they are spot on...right inserts, bezel pearl, cg's, etc...

Look at some scam sites like best swiss and idealwatches...they charge huge money for either the same watches or ones of much poorer quality....and they sell watches all day long.

SS Sub for $750 on best swiss? Think of what our suppliers could do given a customer base that will pay $750 for a Sub...We have 90% reps for $200....

I think that there is another reason that the small flaws remain in our watches.

Group buys give a big chunk of money to the dealer, and if it's one particular model, it also means they can buy in bulk if there are enough orders, hopefully passing on some cost savings. Economies of scale and all that.

You are lucky you get 10% off, even from all the ETAs as well?

Yes, Prime is 10, Watch is 15, but it wasn't luck nor was personal discounts my goal.

I almost got lynched at old rwg, from a combination of loyalty to the then established

line of current dealers, and confusion over my intentions..which in retrospect I can understand.

Some even spread rumors that I was Silix himself, using rwg as a place of free adversitment... :lol:

That was just paranoia, as my main goal was to find a way to bring in steady support for our board,

while at the same time obtaining for everyone, discounts.

Ken was the only one that knew the truth, and spoke up,..and to him I am grateful !

Getting back to your point about particular models however I think we can find a way

in which we can all order individually, our own model choice and still save..

Getting back to your point about particular models however I think we can find a way

in which we can all order individually, our own model choice and still save..

Sounds like you went through a lot to get silix here, and for that I am sure there are many who are grateful.

Now this last point is interesting... need a how to :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Usually the best way is shopping around. There seems to be price differences from dealer to dealer.

I know some stay loyal to one dealer, but what if that dealer doesn't have the particular watch that you want?

:huh:

Yes Chronus, I know; I own a 7753 196.

My point (in reference to the comment I was responding to) was that even if it were $500.00, it would be worth it to have the 7753. Vlaletom seemed to be indicating that the extra money was not justified.

I wasn't at all finding that injustified as the 7753 movement itself is around 400$.

So that makes a 700$ rep worth at least 400$ whatsoever (compared to 0$ values of an asian copie cased into a rep for anyone that's not willing to get a replica).

I was just saying that it was a lot of money added just to be satisfied with the product, and that it could be extended the same way to the material of the rep.

I would be much more satisfied with a solid gold 1:1 dress watch than a plated, even if it is mostly self satisfaction we are talking about, as the real resell value of such a watch in, let's say 10 year, is very doubtfull

Now this last point is interesting... need a how to :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Usually the best way is shopping around. There seems to be price differences from dealer to dealer.

I know some stay loyal to one dealer, but what if that dealer doesn't have the particular watch that you want?

Ethan is correct, and in there lies the problem with making deals with any particular dealer.

Now that I have really gotten to know the various dealers, I can really understand how one

can feel a responsibility for a certain one or a few.

They are really great people and all characters in their own right.

When I first came here, however, I viewed the situation with in robotic eye with regards to price,

service, time, pull with manufacturers {not so much with accuracy, but with quality control}

and last but not least, those that had the buying strength to support the board financially.

As I mentioned non of this was greeted with the kind of glee I had intended, due to the location

of the server, which I was unawares and a whole lot of conflicting energy.

Another fact which I had not yet touched me, was the family factor,

{Connie just sent me the nicest letter and is going out of her way

right now to over compensate me for couple of drop-shipper errors.}

These kinds of extraordinary feats of service that each one of them has

performed for so many of us is the glue that keeps us coming back.

Not back then, I had not grown any attachments to any particular dealer in a personal sense.

On the contrary, my first four deals were a shades of grey, which sparked my

direction I would now say.

Grey weather and raining pieces from different, and then newer, dealers,

so the air was filled with falling bricks.

Now however it seems that the pieces have settled and we can see that most every

dealer has specialties which makes them unique in their own right, so we don't

have to choose, do we ?

If we can just discuss this, now that we are offshore.. we surely can come up with a

way to organize our efforts towards less waste, permanent board support and perks

for us all.

I think that there is, without a doubt a large buying segment for very expensive replicas provided that they are spot on...right inserts, bezel pearl, cg's, etc...

Look at some scam sites like best swiss and idealwatches...they charge huge money for either the same watches or ones of much poorer quality....and they sell watches all day long.

SS Sub for $750 on best swiss? Think of what our suppliers could do given a customer base that will pay $750 for a Sub...We have 90% reps for $200....

I think that there is another reason that the small flaws remain in our watches.

These are the best points in the thread and hopefully one of our more savvy dealers is running some numbers in the ol' noggin.

These are the best points in the thread and hopefully one of our more savvy dealers is running some numbers in the ol' noggin.

Flaws distribute the risk. I don't see any dealer coming up with 100% accuracy, no matter the price or

numbers.

I'm sure they remember the street rollers.\

Besides, we enjoy an accuracy way above the outside world, at prices that we should be thankful for..

as even if you decide to get fixes.. or mods.. your pricing is still much below others are getting ripped for.

Hello,

I have just bought a rather expensive gator strap for a gold plated rep watch,and I wondered how long the gold finish on the watch would last for such a strap,which brings me to the question...do you think there would be enough people prepared to pay say $500 for a better finish on their watches? Perhaps if there were manufactuors would respond favorably. Just a thought!

alwyn

The point that I was trying to make,was that in my paticular instance I had a pam 158 in rose gold and would have liked to be able to buy it as solid gold (no bracelet)

As I mentioned non of this was greeted with the kind of glee I had intended, due to the location

of the server, which I was unawares and a whole lot of conflicting energy.

If we can just discuss this, now that we are offshore.. we surely can come up with a

way to organize our efforts towards less waste, permanent board support and perks

for us all.

Apologies for the thread hijack, alwyn; bad nettiquette...

Richard, I wasn't there for the early days of RWGI. What did you propose, and how/why was it received poorly? I have always found you to be an intelligent and proactive member; did we miss out on an opportunity here?

Perhaps this belongs in a different thread, or a PM, but I'm intrigued...

There will always be some willing to spend whatever for the perfect rep. I like gold and would spend more for a really good gold rep that would wear and last. If you spend 10K on an original $500 seems pretty inexpensive.

Flaws distribute the risk. I don't see any dealer coming up with 100% accuracy, no matter the price or

numbers.

I'm sure they remember the street rollers.\

We all can live with flaws, especially the fixable ones. What would be nice is for a smart dealer/factory to understand Isokuru's points that there is a huge market of people willing to pay top dollar for something advertised as not only accurate--but of very high craftsmanship--as well. We've all seen the rep makers flashes of brilliance when fit and finish approaches gens. That's what I'm talking about.

Let them get anything they want "wrong" as long as it's with a wink and a nod to the availability of aftermarket fixes. If they did that and spent part of the extra money they could get on overall quality (keeping part as profit, natch) I am 100% convinced that they could sell at least as many watches as Ideal--except unlike ideal they'd actually get repeat business.

'wrong' is simply not on purpose..

take that to the bank.

Life is Good!

Klink

For Tiffany Jewelry, and Handbags:

Email Ruby goldmedal88@126.com

Klink, President, HKTan Fan Club

Click for HKTan's Photo Album!

Password: hktan

13054-3926.jpg

For Super Custom Straps Contact HKTan

Aaron can be reached by email at:

aarontanhk@hotmail.com

................................................................................

1962: Pfc Klink at age 17

13054-3927.jpg

"A Legend in his own mind..."

There will always be some willing to spend whatever for the perfect rep. I like gold and would spend more for a really good gold rep that would wear and last. If you spend 10K on an original $500 seems pretty inexpensive.

Solid gold rep would be a lot more than $500. Just with a two-tone solid gold mid-link (hollow) is not *that* far behind that price... maybe a ladies model.

I remember there was someone (Josh,TTK, River?) who had a solid gold R*l*x rep and that was going for $1000 - $2000 so you may want to look around, possibly ask those three listed to see if they can get one for you.