When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which camera to get?

swdivad

wow! you guys are tough...

1. I don't have an iPhone

2. I got a POS BB Bold (company phone) with an even more of a POS camera in it

3. I like all the features that a camera has, macro, panorama, manual mode, good optical zoom, etc

I would buy a Fuji X100, because it's a good camera a I like the retro look. :bangin:

The X10 is not that nicer, but made in Japan at least.

Take a look at the specs, but seriously the Lumix is not that bad.

"3. I like all the features that a camera has, macro, panorama, manual mode, good optical zoom, etc "

If you are not a nitpicker, go with one of the lot you said. ;)

I would get the Panasonic. I have a Canon 5D Mark II, a Leica M8, and a Panasonic GF1 (GX1 predecessor). My go to camera is always the Panasonic. It is portable and you have lens interchangeability. Go to your nearest camera store and check the cameras out in person. Ultimately, it is what will appeal to you.

If your planning to use it outdoors or in water, I would highly recommend the Nikon AW100 - IMHO one of the best out there.....if you saw my Mt. Everest Blog, 90% were taken with this camera, the rest were D90.

http://www.nikonusa....LPIX-AW100.html

http://www.amazon.co...ds=nikon aw 100

Some Samples:

DSCN0982.JPG

DSCN0857.JPG

Taken in one of the Islands off of Phuket - unretouched!

DSCN0730.JPG

DSCN0830.JPG

Phuket

DSCN0722.JPG

Changmai Beauties

DSC_0004.JPG

White Temple in Thailand

DSCN0879.JPG

From the water...

DSCN0878.JPG

DSCN0892.JPG

DSCN0967.JPG

On the water

Good luck!

Boy oh boy. Asking someone for camera help is like asking someone which watch you should get ;) Tough call really. All of them have their strengths and weaknesses. I must admit, that Fuji X10 is really impressing me a lot lately! Also, the Panasonic micro 4/3rd's cameras are pretty special as well. Quite like the GF and GH 2's both. Only problem with them is they aren't that compact.

I guess it depends on what features are important to you and is size a consideration?

If your planning to use it outdoors or in water, I would highly recommend the Nikon AW100 - IMHO one of the best out there.....if you saw my Mt. Everest Blog, 90% were taken with this camera, the rest were D90.

http://www.nikonusa....LPIX-AW100.html

http://www.amazon.co...ds=nikon aw 100

Some Samples:

Taken in one of the Islands off of Phuket - unretouched!

Phuket

Changmai Beauties

White Temple in Thailand

From the water...

On the water

Good luck!

Wow!

Those are some impressive shots with a compact waterproof! How are you finding the response time when working in Program mode? I had the Olympus equivalent of this Nikon, but I was completely unimpressed by it's response time sluggishness and menu system.

This AW100 would be a great addition for those wet and rough times, but I want something that has more manual control, as well as a good macro capability.

BTW, I've been living here in Thailand for the last few years, and have to say, it's very photogenic :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Gorgeous pictures! But I'm getting out of P&S types and going with a D-SLR, you just wouldn't belive how nice for the price a Canon EOS Rebel T3i is or one of the slightly less recent versions in that Canon Rebel series.