When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watchmaker in Cincinnati who will work on reps

shad0w

Hey guys, I just got a hublot classic fusion, with rubber strap. Now I'm not gonna dive with this or anything just shower and maybe light swimming. Problem is, I just moved to Cincinnati and I dont know any watchmakers who will work on reps. Do jewelers generally not work on reps? Anyone in the area know someone who will waterproof test reps? Thank you !

You should be able to take it to your local mall non-AD jewelry store guy who offers water testing services to get it done.

BTW, unless something has changed recently the Hublot Classic Fusion is push/pull crown that does NOT screw in, so chances of being even water resistant enough for the shower is not likely. Sorry...

The Katt's watch repair shop is in MN, and normally you'd simply USPS Priority Mail him the watch. He's a trusted repair technician on another replica forum and I've used his services several times.

GKLONER at GMAIL dot COM is the address you need to use.

But as GBOGH says ... if the watch is not meant to be a diving watch, then no .. of course it's not waterproof, as much as my IWC 7 Days or my Senator Sixties is not waterproof. They are not supposed to be; they are dress watches.

The Katt's watch repair shop is in MN, and normally you'd simply USPS Priority Mail him the watch. He's a trusted repair technician on another replica forum and I've used his services several times.

GKLONER at GMAIL dot COM is the address you need to use.

But as GBOGH says ... if the watch is not meant to be a diving watch, then no .. of course it's not waterproof, as much as my IWC 7 Days or my Senator Sixties is not waterproof. They are not supposed to be; they are dress watches.

+ 1000

Thanks for the info guys. I also have a Breitling montbrillant datora which I have used everyday for about 3 years and have been extremely accurate. I can see that it needs servicing though. Probably need to be cleaned and lubricated. When I wind it using the crown i need to use more force than a year ago, not to mention the sweeping second hand is a lot less smooth than when I received it. Just to get an idea, can you ballpark the price for servicing (clean & lube) through Katt?

So the classic fusion came and WOW it looks beautiful and best of all, it suits my look (which is not as easy as finding a good looking watch online). I wore it all day and it keeps perfect time as far as I can tell. Now I dont know what came over me but I decided that I want to submerge the watch underwater in my sink. I know everyone told me not to but I did. First with hot water for one minute.... took it out, dried it and waited for the temperature to drop and to my relief, no fog. I tried it again with cold water this time and again, no fog!! I now have a classic fusion that can last me with anything that I would do! Love it!