When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Poll: Who wants to buy a DSSD fresh from factory with superlume - when do we see one?

Smab

Well folks, how about a poll? How many of you DSSD geeks would buy a DSSD fresh from factory with superlume?

I think many of us would be on the fence for such. They have made the ol'SD, as well as GMT Master II and Explorer II with superlume. Aren't there also a Sub with such? WHEN do they make the DSSD with genlike blue superlume??????

Please dear dealers and makers, we have waited long enough! When can we expect such a make?

I guess you can sell it for 450-500USD with swiss movement, if you were able to sell the "Ultimate V" for about 400? I reckon most people would offer that kind of money for such a holy grail:-)

And by the way, try to get the pearl and circular hour markers right as well, and try to make a little better finished bracelet and clasp - I know you can manage:-)

Here is my vote:

We haven't seen ANY Rolex reps with blue superlume. Blue lume is, from my understanding, not as easy as green to get right.

Also, while the new superlumed reps are light-years better than the old ones, the lume still isn't as good as WM9 lume was. They have to apply the lume so think it doesn't always have a smooth surface, and it seems like I've seen a lot of lume that wasn't quite white enough.

Well, the lume on my PAM380N (custom install 292 ceramic caseset) is as impressive as it can get, from my standpoint. I have compared to my GEN SOSF. It is equal or better. Even so, there is bigger areas of lume on the PAM, but it lights up like a torch if you get into the shadow, when been in daylight or sunshine. This is probably the best rep lume for now. I hear H-Factory has the best replume currently, I believe this 380 is a H-factory make.

Does not the Explorer II 42mm have blue superlume? Correct me if I am wrong:

http://www.1-pc8838....ck-p-12157.html

Add says "blue superlumed dial and needles".