When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Advice on a purchase... PAM 187

Bansenshukai

Gentlemen,

First off, I'd like to collectively thank you all. I've been collecting watches since 2006. My wonderment for watches began with my curiosity with replicas. That took me to another replica forum, which later brought me to this one. Since approximately 2010, I pushed off the table on reps. It was not because they were not "accurate" enough, or did not meet COSC standards. Any of us versed in replicas know that, realistically, that is not really the allure. Otherwise, we'd stick to the genuine article. I "pushed off the table" because I got burned by an idiot member on there who sold me a lemon Concord C1 and then did everything in his power to avoid doing to the right thing. So, I just took my medicine like a big boy and just moved on.

Anyway, I've been looking at the website of one of our most popular dealers - and one that I've dealt with in the past with great results - and the PAM 187 perked my interest. The particular version I observed was from the "Noob" factory. The price was just under $450 USD.

So far, I like what I have seen in the photos and so forth. However, when I used the "SEARCH" function on here, I did not get much on this specific model. Thus, I have to defer to the expertise of so many replica enthusiasts here.

Ultimately, my two questions are: Has this Noob Factory PAM 187 been proven to have done well with any current, or past, owners? Any recommendations on dealers for this model?

You can PM me the answers, if forum etiquette dictates that certain responses may not be appropriate. Thanks in advanced for any help anyone can provide.

Cheers,

"B" Sends

Beautiful watch, but if you look into it, you will find the biggest problem is the quick date set push button. It is very poorly engineered, with only a very weak C clamp holding it in. As a result most of them break loose, a frustrating problem. Also, I wouldn't trust the watch near water, there is no way of knowing the seal is good on that QD button, and I am sure no one wants to learn the hard way. Lume isn't all that great either, but maybe others can chime in on the characteristics of the lume on the gen.. Lastly I have also read that the color of the lume has a tendency to go grey or loose its original color, not to mention the color of the lume on the hour and minute hands is inaccurate.

I am not slamming the watch, I have owned 2 and still own one, I love it! You just have to treat it with TLC and know that in the end it is a rep and they will always have flaws, otherwise you'd be paying over $10k for it.

As for the dealer, any trusted dealer on this forum who advertises it can help you. Only problem is I don't think they are available anymore, maybe someone can chime in and clear that up or verify.

Beautiful watch, but if you look into it, you will find the biggest problem is the quick date set push button. It is very poorly engineered, with only a very weak C clamp holding it in. As a result most of them break loose, a frustrating problem. Also, I wouldn't trust the watch near water, there is no way of knowing the seal is good on that QD button, and I am sure no one wants to learn the hard way. Lume isn't all that great either, but maybe others can chime in on the characteristics of the lume on the gen.. Lastly I have also read that the color of the lume has a tendency to go grey or loose its original color, not to mention the color of the lume on the hour and minute hands is inaccurate.

I am not slamming the watch, I have owned 2 and still own one, I love it! You just have to treat it with TLC and know that in the end it is a rep and they will always have flaws, otherwise you'd be paying over $10k for it.

As for the dealer, any trusted dealer on this forum who advertises it can help you. Only problem is I don't think they are available anymore, maybe someone can chime in and clear that up or verify.

Sir,

Thank you very much for your response. Has the policy with regards to dealers changed since I've been gone? I remember that, in the past, the "Cartel" - for example - would post on this forum often.

I'd welcome any other reflections on this watch. I currently have a very well modded PAM 111H with tremendous lume and that's a definite keeper. Any recommendations on what PAM rep is a great buy at this time? Again, your comments are very much appreciated.