When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Whats the current MBW 1665 like?

bwhitesox

Having just grabbed the NDT 1665 GW dial and movement Tanya had for sale I thought it would be a good start towards this build.

So I'm on the lookout for an older MBW case/case set but whats the opinion on the latest MBW cases..Are they as good as the older ones and do they fit gen parts?

Yes but this discussion between old and new MBW confuses me as i have had both case (1680 new and 5513 old) and all the parts from one fit perfectly to the other, I have ne3ver seen a difference apart from the 5513/1680 and when i have seen newer 1665 cases i have not seen a difference.

I do not realy think there is an OLD and new

I think Mapman57's 1665 is based on one.

http://www.rwg.cc/to...-wearing-today/

I believe mine is an older case, as it dates back to 2009 or earlier. I will check the case serial when I get a chance. My only knowledge of real differences was linked to the serial numbers that showed up differently year on year. Otherwise they seem the same?

A friend of mine has just built a DRSD with Gen 1570 based on a newly sourced MBK DRSD from Reg. I am sure this will be featured in a review quite soon as it is in the final stages of completion.

Edited by Mapman57

I believe mine is an older case, as it dates back to 2009 or earlier. I will check the case serial when I get a chance. My only knowledge of real differences was linked to the serial numbers that showed up differently year on year. Otherwise they seem the same?

A friend of mine has just built a DRSD with Gen 1570 based on a newly sourced MBK DRSD from Reg. I am sure this will be featured in a review quite soon as it is in the final stages of completion.

Look forward to seeing that review.

It would be great to just order cases and watches from Narikka...rather than spend months scouring the sales forums as I have..to get my MBW's