When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam029 v2 QC w/ specific questions

NYCreplica

I received my QC photos from our TD.

I have a few specific questions/concerns that hopefully our pam experts can chime in and help me out as well as our community.

1. "6" number at the bezel appears to chipped and missing some black paint (see first 3 photos). This kinda bothers me.

2. Small scratch/ding above the "22" (see 2nd photo)? It doesn't appear to be a reflection/dirt :(

3. How is the cyclop alignment and AR on it, I can't really decide.

4. Is this a single or double AR?

5. How are "6" & "9" on the dial, it looks like an improvement over the v1, correct?

6. Black spot below the CG screw (3rd photo), I hope it is only a reflection/dirt

7. CG cut out looks perfectly squared and pretty flush.

8. Strap is a little scratches, but I don't mind.

9. +/- 10 seconds per day does not bother me, i'm ok with that.

Please help me with above concerns & thanks for looking!

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0382.jpg

Please help me with above concerns & thanks for looking!

I think you have a few warranted questions.

The best thing to do would be too ask for a couple additional photos that focus in our specific areas.

It is hard to tell 100% without asking and receiving another photo for #1, #2 and the cyclops position on #3

1. "6" number at the bezel appears to chipped and missing some black paint (see first 3 photos). This kind

a bothers me.

Does seem like a little paint is missing here. If that would bother you I would ask for a photo showing the 6 specifically.

Chipped or slightly missing bezel paint has been a somewhat common issue with the 029, I think members have used black show polish in some cases or similar remedies.

2. Small scratch/ding above the "22" (see 2nd photo)? It doesn't appear to be a reflection/dirt :(

I would ask for a photo of this area, could be a ding ; another photo would help.

3. How is the cyclop alignment and AR on it, I can't really decide.

I assume the cyclops is fine and it is just the angle of the photo, so you want to request one straight on to double check but haven't heard any issues with the cyclops in the wrong position so highly doubt that is the case with yours.

4. Is this a single or double AR?

AR looks good to me

5. How are "6" & "9" on the dial, it looks like an improvement over the v1, correct?

Look great, entire dial looks spot on

6. Black spot below the CG screw (3rd photo), I hope it is only a reflection/dirt

I wouldn't worry about this personally. Don't think there is anything there.

7. CG cut out looks perfectly squared and pretty flush.

Yeah, this is nice improvement!

8. Strap is a little scratches, but I don't mind.

This strap scratches quick, the day you try it on you will create your scratches from the buckle, so no need to worry here.

9. +/- 10 seconds per day does not bother me, i'm ok with that.

That is fine.

Overall looks great, if the bezel paint will bother you that would be the main issue to be concerned with.

Keep in mind these photos are very magnified in real life you may never see a little paint missing from an edge of the 6 if it in fact is missing and not a photo angle trick.

The ding really doesn't worry me much, if it really is a ding and there are no other problems, I would accept it anyway myself. Watches get minor dings and a perfect rep is hard to find so I could live with it, and as I said who knows what that is without another photo.

The cyclops I think is fine but if you are worried just ask for a straight on shot.

Everything else looks good to me.

This kind of strap smoothes out "scratches" by running your thumb over it for a moment. It's not a solid smooth finished surface, but more of a hairy sueded surface, so don't sweat it.

You can tell what kind of AR you have by looking at the crystal in the light. You will always see two reflections of a light source. If one reflection is very bright, you have single AR. If both reflections are muted, then you have double AR.

Which of "your issues" did you reject the watch on?

I sent the concerns I had to the dealer, thinking he will send me more detailed photos, but he automatically rejected the watch and told me he is looking for a new one.

In general, #1 bothered me the most and because all the other minor issues it accumulated to be a no no.

• 3 weeks later...

The first watch was automatically rejected by the TD after I explained to him my concerns. Please see the 2nd round of QC photos of the new 029. I honestly think it is perfect.

"6" on the bezel seems perfect

no visible/major scratches

cyclop appears to be aligned

"6" & "9" on the dial appears to be the correct ones

Perfect CG

I think I hit the jackpot on this one. What do you think?

IMG_2681.jpg

IMG_2682.jpg

IMG_2683.jpg

IMG_2684.jpg

IMG_2685.jpg