When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep ASSO strap for deployant?

ATEspo

I was talking to a now banned member here who said he was having rep deployant asso straps made and ever since I want one! Are these available anywhere? I prefer the deployant strap versus the strap for tang.

If there is not a rep asso strap for deployant, is there something similar?

• 4 weeks later...

The easiest way of doing this is to get your hands on an old style rep deployant.... the decent ones that were around just before the release of the new ones on the 212s etc.... before the new LMs and Ms... from Noob and HBB maker... the ones with out the CF marking on the inner thumbnail buckle part....

Though I have succeeded using these newer ones in what I am about to say.... but its more strap dependant...

If you have slightly bigger wrists get the XL rep asso... the idea is to have less tail or be connecting the deployant on the lower holes of the strap... now this may mean getting a standard and an XL then using half of each... however it shouldnt be in most cases... :)

Then where the buckle part of the deployant is (the part that says Panerai) remove this... its only held to the butterfly clasp by a springbar.... though the spring bar is within a thin tube to look bigger...

Once off and remember which way round to put it back... place the strap in it then replace the thumb buckle part using the spring bar and the tube or if slightly too thick then just the springbar.. you might need to get a stronger spring bar if you wear the watch tightly to improve the tensile strength needed..

If you struggle to refit then you need to very gently squeeze the part of the leather strap with a thin nosed plier or something similar.... it wont damage the strap if you take care... plus that area cannot be seen on the wrist..

I have done this with many straps including some ammos.... even padded straps..... I too found many straps that didnt take deployants.... and I preferred a deployant so I resorted to doing this... it always worked for me...

Sometimes though I need to slightly bend the butterfly to ensure a good clipping of the deployant wings....

I actually did this method with an OEM Asso strap.... :) so I know it works specifically on this strap

The easiest way of doing this is to get your hands on an old style rep deployant.... the decent ones that were around just before the release of the new ones on the 212s etc.... before the new LMs and Ms... from Noob and HBB maker... the ones with out the CF marking on the inner thumbnail buckle part....

Though I have succeeded using these newer ones in what I am about to say.... but its more strap dependant...

If you have slightly bigger wrists get the XL rep asso... the idea is to have less tail or be connecting the deployant on the lower holes of the strap... now this may mean getting a standard and an XL then using half of each... however it shouldnt be in most cases... :)

Then where the buckle part of the deployant is (the part that says Panerai) remove this... its only held to the butterfly clasp by a springbar.... though the spring bar is within a thin tube to look bigger...

Once off and remember which way round to put it back... place the strap in it then replace the thumb buckle part using the spring bar and the tube or if slightly too thick then just the springbar.. you might need to get a stronger spring bar if you wear the watch tightly to improve the tensile strength needed..

If you struggle to refit then you need to very gently squeeze the part of the leather strap with a thin nosed plier or something similar.... it wont damage the strap if you take care... plus that area cannot be seen on the wrist..

I have done this with many straps including some ammos.... even padded straps..... I too found many straps that didnt take deployants.... and I preferred a deployant so I resorted to doing this... it always worked for me...

Sometimes though I need to slightly bend the butterfly to ensure a good clipping of the deployant wings....

I actually did this method with an OEM Asso strap.... :) so I know it works specifically on this strap

I think this is very interesting I hate taking out the watch every time I take a shower or jump into the swimming pool, now thats summertime, knowing that Im doing a bit of dammage to the strap every time. My straps are for tang so I would love if you can take some pictures of yours with the deployant. it will be very helpful!

• 2 weeks later...

I was talking to a now banned member here who said he was having rep deployant asso straps made and ever since I want one! Are these available anywhere? I prefer the deployant strap versus the strap for tang.

If there is not a rep asso strap for deployant, is there something similar?

check this: http://puretime.co/product/pam-2012-08-11/ ;)