When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex 1655 explorer

Guest yonatan.ezo

Guest yonatan.ezo

Hello guys

really like this forum,:)

i bought a rolex 1655 from NDT for 2500 dollars.

i bought original 1655 hands from phong

when i took the watch to watchmaker to change hands to original, got the surprise they dont fit.....

NDT put a rolex 1560 movement inside and hands dont fit :(

Anyone have an idea how i can manage to fix this

NDT said rolex movement original, but not the one for 1655 they forgot to say

You need to post pics of the movement so someone can tell you what you actually have.

I sent an email to phong about this exact subject and this is what he replied to me; I was asking him if a 2500$ 1655 was worth getting

Adam, I know many sell cheap, but not the one you want, they use 1570 and modify GMT from Viet Nam not original genuine GMT parts, and some time there crystal glue not like my factory spec fit right on and no need glue, and some time bezel fonts is wrong , many thing can be wrong, you know the original movement value original GMT $2750.00 just movement alone, 1570 regular no GMT only cost $1200.00 and you buy GMT original parts put in is cost $1000.00 and hard to find original parts. so good case 1250.00 dial $265.00 hand set $125.00 labor installation and Clean over haul warranty 1 year $400.00 this is truly cost if you add up and I will make some money to stay in business, you need to wait until you have my daytona and find out how my work. many people buy my watch to use it while and resell they make good money, because even collector they look it can not tell. or resell to got same value they purchased

I guarantee you if you buy 2750.00 explorer II if you open it to see movement GMT parts is production from Viet Nam not like my. I am sorry I can not match that price but I can do for $4000.00 Best regards,

Phong

1655 uses cal.1570/5 GMT. Never cal.1560. I guess that where the things have gone wrong with the handset.

Getting the original Rolex 1570/5 GMT in good working order is becoming so rare, and service parts are very hard to find too particularly for the GMT module.

You need to post pics of the movement so someone can tell you what you actually have.

I sent an email to phong about this exact subject and this is what he replied to me; I was asking him if a 2500$ 1655 was worth getting

Adam, I know many sell cheap, but not the one you want, they use 1570 and modify GMT from Viet Nam not original genuine GMT parts, and some time there crystal glue not like my factory spec fit right on and no need glue, and some time bezel fonts is wrong , many thing can be wrong, you know the original movement value original GMT $2750.00 just movement alone, 1570 regular no GMT only cost $1200.00 and you buy GMT original parts put in is cost $1000.00 and hard to find original parts. so good case 1250.00 dial $265.00 hand set $125.00 labor installation and Clean over haul warranty 1 year $400.00 this is truly cost if you add up and I will make some money to stay in business, you need to wait until you have my daytona and find out how my work. many people buy my watch to use it while and resell they make good money, because even collector they look it can not tell. or resell to got same value they purchased

I guarantee you if you buy 2750.00 explorer II if you open it to see movement GMT parts is production from Viet Nam not like my. I am sorry I can not match that price but I can do for $4000.00 Best regards,

Phong

my favorite part of phong's response above:

"many people buy my watch to use it while and resell they make good money, because even collector they look it can not tell."

i just can't imagine anyone doing that :nono:

Was just about to post that but Heywood beat me to it (good to see a familiar face by the way :) )

You got a reclaimed early GMT 'engine' so the only suggestion is you take your Phong hands (what's wrong with them by the way? You don't say) to a watchmaker who may be able to broach them to fit.